Trade Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Idea

This team needs heart and defense, a player capable of bringing the same type of energy in every game.

I've posted this trade idea in the past and I still think is the best option avalible for this team.

And I think this is the exact player the raptors need.

Basicaly the trade could be this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzdgv94

Sacramento gets: Antoine Wright, Marcus Banks and Patrick O'Briant

Toronto gets: Andres Nocioni

With this move, the Kings save almost 10 mill from Nocioni's contract which has three years left. They get a young player with a expiring contract, capable of playing the role of francisco garcia (who is down for a long time with an injury) and get a back up and young center, one of their biggest needs. The rapotrs get the must needed defensive minded SF capable of playing also the PF spot and they get rid of banks contract. Wright has not been what we expected this season and Weems could take his spot.

The other option is:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yh6x7bz

With this move the kings get two back up big men to help their frontcourt and a 4 mill expiring contract. And the Raptor's get a third PG in case one of the rotation PG gets injures

Oh God...here we go again. What does anyone see in Nocioni? He is hugely overrated, a mediocre defender and an inconsistent shooter. No freaking thanks!

And you want to add a guy who has three years left on his contract?? Are you BC in disguise?

Comment

Those trade links never seem to work for me ... no idea who's involved in the second trade.

Raul,

Do you think Nocioni is a better defender than Antoine Wright?

Nocioni is definitely an overall upgrade over Wright (a large upgrade at that). He's a vastly superior offensive player + rebounder but I think he's worse than Wright defensively. I don't see Nocioni helping the Raptors on that side of the court.

Nocioni would be a very good sixth man for the Raptors. It'd be fun to see him come off that bench and play alongside some of the weapons that are on this team. That SF/PF role is a hole for the Raptors, Noce would fill it ably.

I don't like Nocioni's contract. I want to see the Raptors cutting their long term commitments instead of adding to them. So I'd be against pretty much any Nocioni trade on that basis.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
      X