Heat Looking To Sell 18th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Looking To Sell 18th Overall Pick

The Miami Heat’s draft pick at No. 18 is available, league sources say. “They want to sell it to clear cap space,” one Western Conference executive said
    Source: Yahoo Sports

I'll say it. Bryan Colangelo, pick up the phone! Pick it up!

i'm sure he will but that doesn't mean he won't get a big fat NO
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I have a feeling we may end up with that pick, or something very similar.

What would you do with a #13 and #18?

Aldrich & Bradley?

-predicated on Bosh leaving
      -predicated on a deal involving Turk and Jack/Calderon somehow developing.
      It's about money

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        i'm sure he will but that doesn't mean he won't get a big fat NO

Why would he get a no? If they want to sell the pick, they'll sell it to the highest bidder...

Comment

Pick up Paul George & Eric Bledsoe. Then trade for a big man or via free agency.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
            Why would he get a no? If they want to sell the pick, they'll sell it to the highest bidder...
            I think there's a limit to how much a team can pay for a pick and/or a player. $3 mill maybe.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I could see Riley preferring to keep it out of their division if someone else tops the offer (warm body and max $ for the pick).

It's definitely, obviously, worth a try... only, how does that affect our cap restrictions?
              It's about money

Comment

Well that's fine since Miami is not in our division

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
                  Pick up Paul George & Eric Bledsoe. Then trade for a big man or via free agency.
                  Would love George and bledsoe. But not sure pg will still be around.

Comment

Top available of Paul George, Xavier Henry, Damion Jones, Eric Bledsoe

Comment

If the rumor is true, obviously BC is on the phone (when do you ever see him when he's not got it drilled to his ear, or he's texting wildly). But what is the price, and is it worthwhile? Portland just gave up their 44th pick and $2 million US to Golden State just to snag the 34th selection! What's Miami going to want for #18?

Comment

There are several teams in the league that will pay $3 mil for the pick, so given supply and demand teams will have to offer more than that. Teams with cap space that are able to absorb cook's $2.2 million and pay $3 mil for the pick will probably get it.

Comment

Marz is right, though I wonder if OKC had to pay $3 mil at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...dertrade062310

Being above the cap took Toronto completely out of the running.

Perhaps they're trying for Wade, Bosh AND LBJ, which they now have room for now.

Wade, Bosh, LBJ: $16,568,906.60 each
                          Beasley: $4,962,240.xx
                          Chalmers: $847,000.xx

Total of $55,515,959.80. Cap projected to be ~$56 mil? Fill slots 5 and 7 thru 15 with minimum salary players. They are the only team able to do this straight-out.

More importantly, it doesn't seem they will have much of anything to offer in any S&Ts, aside from Chalmers, Beasley and our conditional first round pick next year.
                          Last edited by Quixotic; Wed Jun 23, 2010, 06:33 PM. Reason: Inserted salary figures

Comment

Working...
                          X