This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derozan Putting in Work..

Dude is putting up good numbers in the Drew league he just dropped 46 points. Now imagine if he could do that in the NBA in a few years. Personally too many people are throwing out trade rumors involving DeRo
    (Dwayne Derosario Needs to share the name lol). I think he needs a couple more years in order to produce substantially. Dude has potential, just give him some time.

RT @IamAmirJohnson: @DeMar_DeRozan killed the dew league he eneded up wit 46... Had 28 first half....crazy
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

I wish I could see the highlights, the kid had no jump shot coming into his rookie season.

Comment

wow
      hes gonna be big in a few years

Comment

If he puts in work i know he can get much better. I hope someone decides to tape these games.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I think people who throw his name out respect his potential, but really love Weems. I think Weems make Derozan expendable if he can be packaged to get a star back. Unless a really big name or high pick becomes available you almost have to hang on to him while his stock will likely only can sky rocket. He seems to be the one player that scouts and fans from other teams respect.

If he adds weight, plays well in the summer leagues and becomes a more focal point of the offense he could have a mini break out year looming.

Comment

I think if we keep both we will have a great one two punch. Firstly, these two feed off each other, they're continued growth is a expected. Secondly, we dont have to worry about any animosity between them since they are "best buds"

Comment

Weems is 24. DeRozan is 21. Let's keep this in mind.

Comment

Weems is going to get better because he's getting experience.

Comment

Didn't know Weems was 24, that pretty much changes everything. What's best case scenario though, start them at the 2/3? I think they play great together and are the poor man's version of Wince/T-quack, but they also appear to be better chemistry guys than those two and realize you can play on the same team for the same wing positions and not have beef over it.

Is Weems better suited to come off the bench as a high energy, high shot volume 6th man with Derozan starting or do you start both of them? This is why I want a high tempo PG like Collison. Both of them can fly and they need a pg who can keep up. Jose did a good job learning on the fly last year, but they need a fast breaking pg to set the tempo.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Weems is 24. DeRozan is 21. Let's keep this in mind.
                    yup i really dont know why people prefer Weems to Derozan, Derrozan is younger has way more potential.

I think people love Weems because he had better highlights throughout the year

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                      yup i really dont know why people prefer Weems to Derozan, Derrozan is younger has way more potential.

Wait untill Derozan is Weem's age.. No question DeMar has madd potential.

Comment

No one expected anything from Weems when the Raptors acquired him.

However, they expected a lot from DeRozan at #9 in the draft.

So the good things that Weems did were positively magnified and the not so good things that DeRozan did were negatively magnified.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Possibly. It seemed like Weems developed a pull up jumper by the end of the year which made him that much more effective. And Derozan's spot up jumper was still iffy at best. But give him time, if you follow DD on Twitter he's doing two workouts a day, which hopefully means a big jump in his 2nd year.

I wouldn't get too excited about summer league numbers. I remember watching a youtube clip featuring Beasley playing in a summer league before he was drafted. All it showed was him driving and dunking with no resistance at all on D.

I guess 46 is better than him not dominating though. ha
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Derozans gonna be good in a couple seasons as soon as we ship away some of our overrated overpaid guys (calderon, turkoglu) and he gets a larger role with the team. Bargnani can also be good in this league but hes a pussy who hates contact but he actually became known in the league last season and i think he might even have better trade value than derozan if BC can check his ego and trade him.

bargnani, evans and our 13th pick for jefferson and try to get their 16th but if not still a good trade bosh would resign if that shit went down for sure

Comment

Drew League

Just some extra info on Derozan's play in the Drew League.

He is on the team Hank's Cheaters 2. In the two games he has played, he's scored 40 and 46 points (could be off, boxscore doesn't add up properly) . His team currently holds a 2 W - 0 L record. In the two wins his team has scored 81 and 92. With a bit of number crunching that works out to Demar been responsible for 50% of the teams scoring production. This doesn't really mean all that much but its nice to see him dominating (see below).

Participation in the league is "invitation-only". His competitors consist of well known college, streetball, high school, and international pros. Some of his NBA counter-parts also playing are James Hardin, Brandon Jennings and DeAndre Jordan.

According to the boxscores...
                              Brandon Jennings scored 28 points in 42 minutes (9/20 FG, 2/8 3PT, 8/12 FT)
                              James Hardin scored 23 points and 45 minutes (9/17 FG, 2/5 3PT, 3/3 FT)
                              Demar Derozan scored 36 points in 18 minutes (16/26 FG, 1/4 3PT, 3/6 FT)

(Points says 36, Attempts adds up to 38, Twitter says 46 )

So not only is he dominating, but he seems to be scoring quite efficiently in comparison to his NBA counterparts. Being in same boat as Hardin and Jenning's isnt a bad thing is it?

Drew League

All Boxscores

Demar's Boxscore

Brandon's Boxscore

James' Boxscore

Comment

Working...
                              X