X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Raptors looking to move up in draft

This is from Chad Ford in today's Insider article:

The Pacers and Raptors are in the same boat as the Wolves. They would like to move up in the draft and have inquired about the Sixers' and Nets' picks. They also wouldn't mind moving out of the draft if they got the right pieces in return.
    Could the Raptors be moving up in their quest for a big man? Monroe, Favors or Cousins are all slotted to be top 5-7 picks..

i think there shooting for cousins or turner and they'll prolly trade derozan if they got the 2 pick.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I that would be nice. But I'd want either Turner or Favors. Cousins scares me too much, and I don't he's the type of player Colangelo wants.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That would be a great move if we can take Turner. It will give us something to dream about for future and ... But I have a feeling it will involve taking on Brand's contract and also giving them DD which I am fine by both as long as we manage to unload Hedo and Calderon.

Comment

Why is everyone throwing around Demar Derozans name in all these trades. The guy is very young. Im pretty sure he's capable of just as much as anyone at his position. Doesn't anyone want to see his potential? Not to mention this guy is TEAM FIRST, we dont want any ME guys anymore.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            Why is everyone throwing around Demar Derozans name in all these trades. The guy is very young. Im pretty sure he's capable of just as much as anyone at his position. Doesn't anyone want to see his potential? Not to mention this guy is TEAM FIRST, we dont want any ME guys anymore.
            It's not that people want to trade him (most don't), but the fact is that you need to give something up in order to get something and chances are that Turner is going to be a better player than DeRozan, so you always try for the better player. And Turner is most definitely not a ME guy.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think if they trade Kulemin and Grabovksi to the NETS, they might give the Raptors the number 3# pick. I heard that Prokhorov is a fan.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Good point Tim. Im not familiar with Evan Turner's personality but what ive seen from his game show he is not a ME guy. Nonetheless, i was adressing other rumors involving ME guys like Arenas. I just think we dont need anymore distractions.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Good point Tim. Im not familiar with Evan Turner's personality but what ive seen from his game show he is not a ME guy. Nonetheless, i was adressing other rumors involving ME guys like Arenas. I just think we dont need anymore distractions.
                  Turner's got a game show?? Isn't that against NCAA rules?

Seriously, though, I don't know that much about Evans, personally, but on the court, he's definitely a team first guy, and he seems to be a nice, soft spoken guy off the court. I don't think guys like Evans are the type to cause distractions.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree. I really want to see Derozan's progress after his summer training. I think this guy can be something special.

Comment

That may be well and true, but I heard he's a pretty cocky guy who was a me guy early on at Ohio State. Obviously he's matured on the court, but I actually prefer a player to have swagger and just a little bit of the Kobe DNA. Its too early to tell how any of these guys are going to handle the transition, but Cousins seems to have too much Beasely in him, I could easily see him dropping because of that.

Comment

If they're moving up to 2nd or 3rd then Turner, Favors, Johnson and I guess Cousins needs to be consider... Cousins doesn't seems like the kind of player Colangelo would go for though.

Comment

not sure how turner is me first? the guy did, after all, break his back this season- and rather than sitting out to protect his draft stock and NBA career, came back to play for THE Ohio State University in a quest to try and help his team win a national title.

playing with a broken back, I think, constitutes being a team guy?
                          hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

I got to see the interview D.J. Whatever from The Score did with Turner around tourney time, and he didn't seem anything but a humble guy and anything but selfish. He overcame a speech impediment when he was younger and I believe a few more hardships along the way.

I'd be happy if we could move up to any one of the 2-5 spots, they all seem like spots to grab solid talent.

Comment

I agree with Ambidextrius, when he says that people been throwing DD's name around too much. We loved it when he was being looked at and later acquired, but all of a sudden he's trade bait. THAT's the reason this franchise can't be taken seriously. The fans, alone, can't be satisfied, at all. We cry for loyalty but aren't even loyal ourselves. DD DESERVES to stay here. He wasn't a bust, at all.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                              X