I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

Nothing concrete in the way of evidence or links but lets just say a gut feeling based upon a number of things.

I don't know how it will go down, it could be that he will just walk and sign, but my sense of it based upon things that I have read here and there is that Bosh will go and play with Wade in Miami if leaves the Raptors.

Here are some things that are leading to this sense that this will happen.

1. Bosh has indicated that he wants to play for winner
    2. Riley and Wade both have rings and Riley a number of them
    3. The Heat have the cap space to sign both
    4. Wade has indicated that he would like to stay in Miami but this is probably contingent upon Riley signing another superstar.
    5. Wade and Bosh give the Heat a great outside inside combo
    6. Wade and Bosh played together on the 2008 U.S.A. Men's Olympic team
    7. Bosh's latest tweet which is in Spanish Almuerzamos en la Bodeguita del Medio. Es muy linda aqui.

http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

I could find three of those restaurants one each in Palo Alto, nope he is not there, the other in Havana, doubt that he is there and the third in Miami.

We shall see
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun May 30, 2010, 07:23 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

bosh is from dallas... dwade is going to orlando

Comment

mba wrote: View Post
      bosh is from dallas... dwade is going to orlando
      Dallas you are correct, my bad.

No way that Bosh winds up in Orlando. That is one of those S&T fantasies.

Bosh and Howard would work like trying to take the parts from a NASCAR engine and mixing them with an IZOD engine and expect to have a race car that can win. Never happen. sorry. Just my opinion
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

So Bosh will:

1. Renege on a commitment to BC (who I believe said) that they would both try to work together on a S&T. Miami in my view is a lousy trading partner second only to NY

2. If Bosh walks also leaves a yr. and increases totalling about 30 mill. (I understand that he miht recoup some thru the state tax laws)

3. renege on his own stated position to wanna be da man

4. really not find himself (imo) reaching the holy grail with the current Miami team. It'll still be a building process. He will win more during the season but is that what he wants? His better choice for going deep into the playoffs would be to hook up with Lebron.

It certainly wont be a surprise though. If he does go to Miami I suspect that has been the plan developed long ago...not just the past week.

Comment

There's one tiny problem with your theory. (specifically point #7)

Chris Bosh is on vacation in France, as evidenced by the following tweets:

We're eating a 6 course french meal. Warmin up for St. Tropez. I heard its nice there.
          10:54 PM May 27th via UberTwitter
          Someone just asked me where I'm going for 2010. I can't even escape the madness outside the country.
          3:48 PM May 29th via UberTwitter

Anyway... I've had a feeling about Miami, too. It just makes so much sense. Unfortunately for us, that would mean Michael Beasley in a Raps uniform next year, not Andrew Bynum (which I think is best case scenario).
          Last edited by jrdyck; Sun May 30, 2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Your guess is correct but your theory is way off. The real reason Bosh will end up in Miami is because they would be willing to take Hedos contract since they dont have a starting SF.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
              There's one tiny problem with your theory. (specifically point #7)

Chris Bosh is on vacation in France, as evidenced by the following tweets:

Anyway... I've had a feeling about Miami, too. It just makes so much sense. Unfortunately for us, that would mean Michael Beasley in a Raps uniform next year, not Andrew Bynum (which I think is best case scenario).
              Yes he was in St. Tropez, France but this last tweet was in Spanish from a Cuban restaurant that has a branch in Miami, not in France. Why would Bosh send a tweet in Spanish from France? If the waiter in the restaurant saw that tweet in Spanish he would probably throw the food on Bosh

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                Your guess is correct but your theory is way off. The real reason Bosh will end up in Miami is because they would be willing to take Hedos contract since they dont have a starting SF.
                So Bosh will sign with the Heat to help BC dump Turk. Okay if you say so.

The Heat if they don't exercise their options on Jones and Chalmers will have two players under contract Cook and Beasley. So you think Riley would trade Cook and Beasley for Turk Why would BC want to replace a pizza fat boy with a drug addict? That is going from the sheet hole to the stuff in the sheet hole.

In addition the Heat have the #18 pick and they could buy or trade up if needed to get Damion James? Why would they want Turk when they can have someone like Damion James who would fit in perfectly with Bosh and Wade? Wade handles the ball most of the time. He wouldn't give that up so a fat pizza boy could handle the ball.
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun May 30, 2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Dallas you are correct, my bad.

No way that Bosh winds up in Orlando. That is one of those S&T fantasies.

Bosh and Howard would work like trying to take the parts from a NASCAR engine and mixing them with an IZOD engine and expect to have a race car that can win. Never happen. sorry. Just my opinion

he said D wade to orlando boss.

Comment

Ark23 wrote: View Post
                    he said D wade to orlando boss.
                    D. Wade to the Magic. I thought you were referring to Bosh because the idea of D. Wade going to the Magic seems so surreal that I couldn't think of it unless I was stoned which I am not.

Comment

Miami and New York are the two teams that set themselves apart from the pack in terms of clearing up space for this free agency class, but now they have no good parts to offer back via a S&T. A better strategy might have been loading up on assets to use for a S&T rather than package them with bad contracts to clear up space.

Are any of the marquee free agents really going to opt out, leave money on the table and screw over their previous team just because a team cleared room for them to sign. It is really a moronic approach to this summer's free agency. The knicks and heat have limited talent to offer a S&T or building blocks to sell the star on winning and can only offer less money and less years.

There is a good chance no one moves and then teams with have all this cap space will be forced to use it and offer max deals to second and even third tier guys.

Bron is the king domino, if he doesn't move I doubt anyone will. As far as Bosh to Miami, it seems like a middle of the pack scenario. His team won't stacked, he might not be making the most money and he certainly won't be batman.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        Miami and New York are the two teams that set themselves apart from the pack in terms of clearing up space for this free agency class, but now they have no good parts to offer back via a S&T. A better strategy might have been loading up on assets to use for a S&T rather than package them with bad contracts to clear up space.

Are any of the marquee free agents really going to opt out, leave money on the table and screw over their previous team just because a team cleared room for them to sign. It is really a moronic approach to this summer's free agency. The knicks and heat have limited talent to offer a S&T or building blocks to sell the star on winning and can only offer less money and less years.

There is a good chance no one moves and then teams with have all this cap space will be forced to use it and offer max deals to second and even third tier guys.

Bron is the king domino, if he doesn't move I doubt anyone will. As far as Bosh to Miami, it seems like a middle of the pack scenario. His team won't stacked, he might not be making the most money and he certainly won't be batman.
                        1. You are assuming that it is moronic for someone who will maybe make close to $.5 billion or more in their life from all sources of income to leave about $30 million in basketball salary on the table.

There is a lot more to life than making an additional $30 million in basketball salary when you are going to make maybe $.5 billion or more in your life. For all we know if Bosh signs with the Heat there may be a number of business opportunities open to him that would not be open to him if he went somewhere else. So in the end he may make even more by walking than doing a S&T.

Bosh is not exactly dumb. In fact my sense of it is, is that he is a pretty smart young guy so I can see him looking at making money from a lot of different places in addition to just his basketball salary.

2. I am not so sure that if Bosh walks that the Raptors will be screwed. You are assuming that BC can get better pieces with decent contracts in a S&T than he could get from free agency or by trading when under the cap. Remember if Bosh walks the Raptors will be under the salary cap, not by much, unless they can dump Reggie and Banks but enough without dumping them to get a lot more trading flexibility. If BC can dump Reggie and Banks and Bosh walks that would give him a lot cap space and a lot more flexibility to trade anyone on the Raptors roster or maybe sign a very good free agent than he would have if he did a S&T with Bosh.

Comment

Wait a second. I can't believe no one connected something. Bosh was in FRANCE! France is where Tony Parker is from!! San Antonio needs to make changes this summer, and a BIG one would be doing a sign and trade for Bosh!!!

Hold on, Pietrus is from France, too!!!! So Bosh is either going to Orlando or San Antonio!!!!

Also, why does everyone assume that the Raptors would get Beasley is Bosh went to Miami. They could simply send back a could of draft picks and a big trade exception.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Wait a second. I can't believe no one connected something. Bosh was in FRANCE! France is where Tony Parker is from!! San Antonio needs to make changes this summer, and a BIG one would be doing a sign and trade for Bosh!!!

Hold on, Pietrus is from France, too!!!! So Bosh is either going to Orlando or San Antonio!!!!

Also, why does everyone assume that the Raptors would get Beasley is Bosh went to Miami. They could simply send back a could of draft picks and a big trade exception.
                            Early summer heat wave in Los Angeles. Got to get my morning walk in before it gets too too hot. So I will get an early morning post in before my walk while I sip my morning coffee. Anyway I digress.

Tim W. my friend and posting adversary.

Actually I have thought that Parker would look good in a Raptors uniform.

Bosh isn't planning a summit with Parker. He has no connection to Parker. Besides if it is a S&T with the Spurs for Parker they wouldn't wind up together so I see no connection between Bosh going to St. Tropez and playing for the Spurs.

Bosh and Wade are buddies. His tweet was in Spanish most likely from that Cuban restaurant branch that is in Miami. That is what his tweet said. I am at such and such (the name of the restaurant) and the view is beautiful or something to that affect.

Why the hell would Bosh tweet in Spanish from France? With all due respect that idea seems just a bit too far out there. That would be like trying to make Spanish the 3rd recognized language in Quebec

S&T not convinced.

Maybe Bosh was just practicing his Spanish. I am sure that there must be a Hispanic community in Toronto.
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 31, 2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Bosh in France? Clearly, he is trying to practice his French for when he moves to Montreal
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X