Magloire Considers Suiting Up for Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magloire Considers Suiting Up for Canada

Bah, screw Magloire. He's shunned the Canadian program for how many years now? How convenient that he wants to join just as his career is pretty much non-existent? Who am I kidding. Its been non-existent the season after he made the all-star team.

"Representing my country is an honour and a privilege and it's something I've entertained," Magloire told the Toronto Sun Friday night at the Air Canada Centre where the Heat lost 120-113 to the Toronto Raptors.

"I'm looking forward to more dialogue with Canada Basketball."

Rautins said he'd be thrilled to have Magloire on the floor in Turkey.

"If we get him, he makes us significantly bigger, stronger and tougher," Rautins told the Sun. "I'd love to have him. But it's a no- pressure situation for him."
    Source - Click here

He is a has been.

He is so bad that even if he played for team Canada he will be the third big (thus bench player) after Matt Bonner and Joel Anthony.

But I guess team Canada does need size so if he does join (even though he doesn't deserve at this point due to the costant excuses he gave over the years when he was a decent player) I am thinking it could only benefit team Canada and not hurt it if he plays like 5-10 mins and just grab rebounds out there.

Its not like Canada has any chances of getting a medal or being in the top 5.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Its not like Canada has any chances of getting a medal or being in the top 5.
      Maybe not a medal, but they would be that much more competitive if Nash played. But at this stage of his career his professional status is more important especially when he want to play as competitive as he currently is for as long as he can. Knowing how well Nash keeps himself in shape, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays till he's 40.

Any takers?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Maybe not a medal, but they would be that much more competitive if Nash played. But at this stage of his career his professional status is more important especially when he want to play as competitive as he currently is for as long as he can. Knowing how well Nash keeps himself in shape, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays till he's 40.

Any takers?
        i would love to see nash play for team canada one more time...but i know its not gonna happen...

lets not kid ourselves....even though Nash keeps himself in extremely good shape...hes not gonna be playing till hes 40...

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Bah, screw Magloire. He's shunned the Canadian program for how many years now? How convenient that he wants to join just as his career is pretty much non-existent? Who am I kidding. Its been non-existent the season after he made the all-star team.

Source - Click here
          Magloire's beef with playing for Canada was that he felt he served his time and summer was a period where he wanted to rest his body. At this point in time he could offer them a boost off the bench. I think it would be a positive thing for them to get him to commit.

Comment

Working...
          X