X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - LAL - Hou

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7alb5u2

@sweatpantsjer

It's funny, I was just working on a similar deal and was going to post it... mine is on the assumption the Lakers would rather move Bynum

Trade idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7eg3gxu

To TORONTO
    - Lowry (starting PG)
    - Blake (backup PG, salary matching purposes)
    - Dalembert (backup C on expiring contract)

To LAKERS
    - Calderon (starting PG on expiring contract)
    - Scola (Gasol and Scola would be starting C/PF)
    - Martin (backup SG, super 6th man on expiring contract)

To HOUSTON
    - Bynum (staring C of the future that they've been looking for since Yao's injuries started)
    - Davis (good young, cheap PF)
    - Forbes (cheap guard depth, mostly for salary balancing)
    - $5.8M TPE from Toronto (for Lowry)
    - $8.6M TPE from Lakers (for Scola)
    - likely some pick(s) from Toronto: could potentially get #8 pick from Toronto for one/both of their later 1st round picks, or one/both of Toronto's 2nd round picks, or perhaps Toronto's 2013 1st round pick

Comment

yeah there's no way i'd give up this pick. maybe next years. MAYBE.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        It's funny, I was just working on a similar deal and was going to post it... mine is on the assumption the Lakers would rather move Bynum

Trade idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7eg3gxu

To TORONTO
        - Lowry (starting PG)
        - Blake (backup PG, salary matching purposes)
        - Dalembert (backup C on expiring contract)

To LAKERS
        - Calderon (starting PG on expiring contract)
        - Scola (Gasol and Scola would be starting C/PF)
        - Martin (backup SG, super 6th man on expiring contract)

To HOUSTON
        - Bynum (staring C of the future that they've been looking for since Yao's injuries started)
        - Davis (good young, cheap PF)
        - Forbes (cheap guard depth, mostly for salary balancing)
        - $5.8M TPE from Toronto (for Lowry)
        - $8.6M TPE from Lakers (for Scola)
        - likely some pick(s) from Toronto: could potentially get #8 pick from Toronto for one/both of their later 1st round picks, or one/both of Toronto's 2nd round picks, or perhaps Toronto's 2013 1st round pick

Houston was known to be very interested in Gasol prior to the start of this season. I'm not sure if Houston would covet Bynum as much as they would want Gasol.

I had created a 4 team trade in a separate thread (the Lowry/Dragic thread). Will add it here as well:

Here is my Lowry to Toronto trade idea:
        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=766mfp5

Toronto gets: Lowry, Miller
        Toronto sends: Calderon, JJ
        Rational: Toronto receives a backup center/veteran to help mentor JV, and Lowry. Only assets they give up are Jose's expiring contract and JJ. Miller is an expiring contract next year as well and they could use their TPE for either contract to help keep cap space free for free agency.

Houston gets: Gasol, Calderon, JJ
        Houston sends: Lowry, Scola, Martin
        Rational: Houston gets to pair up Gasol with Calderon. They lose the assets they were going to anyways for Gasol but get Calderon as well. They don't need to worry if Dragic leaves in free agency.

LAL gets: Scola, Williams
        LAL sends: Gasol
        Rational: LA gets younger with Williams. To help them out further, Houston could also offer up one of its lottery picks (although I don't think its needed since they get the #2 pick from last year's draft and a capable PF).

Minny gets: Martin
        Minny sends: Williams, Miller
        Rational: Minny needs a SG more than anything. Beasley can then take over the SF spot and not have to fight Williams for it.

Comment

Yah, the war of words in the media is Gasol gone, not Bynum. Kobe is definitely pushing Pau out.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            Yah, the war of words in the media is Gasol gone, not Bynum. Kobe is definitely pushing Pau out.
            Gasol & Kobe apparently can't stand each other. More importantly Bynum is young Bus's (new boss) first major pick. They (Lakers) were reluctant to include Bynum for Howard. You can bet they won't do it for Scola or Martin.
            Pau is as good as gone. Question is where.

Comment

Working...
            X