Avery Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avery Bradley

The year Ed was drafted i was really high on Avery Bradley. There was a lot of talk about whether he was an actual pg or a undersized shooting guard, but i saw him as a defensive minded PG that wouldn't take much off the table that you could certainly go to war with. Then Ed fell to us and the rest as you know is history. I'm not going to argue picks, i think you have to make the Ed pick if you're BC and i'm a big Ed fan.

Nevertheless ive watched a few celtics games lately and one guy has really stood out to me, Bradley.

There's a ton of talk about who our future pg should be (is?) and i think Bradley could very well be it. I'm a big believer that you don't need a superstar PG to win anything, but you do need a very good one, especially one thats a good defender since that spot is the first line of defense.

So here we go:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qlku7c

Johnson is a throw in and could very well turn out to be a decent bench player. The celtics are still in "win now" mode and would sacrifice him in a heartbeat. They get Demar who starts at SG for them with Allen backing him up. That's what theyre doing now with Bradley starting so don't dispute it. We get Bradley who learns behind Jose for a year, but if Calderon ends up getting traded can start just as well.

The only thing i can think of is Boston likes Bradley over Demar, which is very possible.

Thoughts?
    @sweatpantsjer

Boston would do this in a heart beat and we'd be screwed. Avery Bradley is ok but i wouldn't trade DeMar for him

Comment

Why not?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The biggest knock on Bradley when he was at Texas was whether or not he could run a team playing the 1. While he can be a good defensive player, he's still not capable of running the point. I'd pass on it. He'd be a nice piece off the bench, but in my opinion, he's not worth Demar.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Why not?
          DeMar is a better scorer and he has more potential. Bradley can't do much outside of being a decent defender which DeMar could become easily with D Case at the helm.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Why not?
            Derozan is a scorer at a position that requires you to be able to score. Potential is very good, and with Calderon and money to spend to sign or draft a point guard, I don't see any moves happening unless it's for a proven point guard. I don't see Bradley being more than a decent starter in the mold of a Derek Fisher, system offensive player, defends, but 10 times better.

Derozan will improve defensively, I've seen improvements, and he is solid at being able to defend shooters running off screens, he seems to make the right decisions in terms of defense, it's just his fundamental stance is horrendous.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So we develop Demar over 3 seasons and trade him for undeveloped, undersized talent with a low ceiling?

Comment

Working...
              X