If we get Anthony Davis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get Anthony Davis...

If we get Anthony Davis in the draft, this will completely change our team. Since Bargs can't play the 3, we would probably need to trade him, and the best case would be for a small forward. Here is a draft night trade idea: After we draft Anthony Davis, we trade Andrea Bargnani, one of our second round picks and cash consideration for Andre Iguodala. What do you think about this idea? And do you think the Sixers would do it? There is some other possible options at the 3, like Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Danilo Gallinari and Rudy Gay, but I think the more realistic option is Iggy, since the Sixers already have a bunch of other 2 and 3 like Thaddeus Young, Jodie Meeks, Evan Turner and Louis Williams. At the 4 spot, they are a little bit limited, since Brand is getting old and Battie's contract is running out at the end of the season.

Then with the other draft pick we select hometown PG Myck Kabongo. Here's what could possibly be our roster by next october, and I think it is pretty realistic!

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Davis/Davis/Johnson
    Iguodala/Johnson/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Forbes/A.Parker
    Calderon/Bayless/Kabongo

Iguodala is not an overall better player than Bargnani so I don't like this.

Josh Smith is a much better option.

Comment

Keep Bargnani as a 6th man first big off, trade either Amir or ED, re-sign AGray (to play alongside Bargnani) and use the cap space to sign a wing player. If Anthony Davis is truly the player people feel he will be, then the team is closer to contention and therefore Bargnani can only help in that scenario as a player on the team instead of a chip.

Comment

J smoove+AD+DeMar+Big V+ Grown man Calderon= An overflow of swag

Comment

Andrea+Jose for Iggy+Lou or http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6septax

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            I don't see that happening. Iggy is their best player, just soo good as an all-around player, all-star. Lou is their best scorer, comes right off the bench and gives you instant offense, and it's nothing in terms of Barbosa, or Crawford. More like a Harden type energy player.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If Raps land either Davis or Drummond, i say we do this trade

1) Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani + Jose Calderon
              Memphis trade Rudy Gay + Darrel Arthur

OR

2) Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani + Jose Calderon + 2013 1st round pick
              Goldenstate trade Stephen Curry + Nate Robinson

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                If Raps land either Davis or Drummond, i say we do this trade

1) Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani + Jose Calderon
                Memphis trade Rudy Gay + Darrel Arthur

OR

2) Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani + Jose Calderon + 2013 1st round pick
                Goldenstate trade Stephen Curry + Nate Robinson
                Except in trade 1, Arthur can't be traded and in trade 2, Robinson can't be traded and there is about a $15M gap in salaries to make the trade work. But other than that.....

Comment

Stop being such a stickler Matt!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I wish people would stop this we are getting Davis nonsense. Colangelo would never draft a person who knowingly does nothing about his unibrow
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Iguodala is not an overall better player than Bargnani so I don't like this.

Josh Smith is a much better option.
                      We are not getting Josh Smith for bargnani. Iguodala is more realistic. I will take it and run.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                        We are not getting Josh Smith for bargnani. Iguodala is more realistic. I will take it and run.
                        Josh Smith pretty much said he wanted out of ATL, and they have been trying to get a big man to pair with Horford.
                        I think there were rumors about a Smith for Brooks trade, and imo Bargs is better than Brooks.
                        I could see the deal happening.

Comment

Working...
                        X