Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Hi Raptors fans,

It looks like the Owners and Players are going to have a season after all. We won't have too much time to prep for a fantasy season. I am making December 18th @ noon, EST the official draft day. I do not know when free agency for the NBA will happen or when games will start being played. This draft date could be pushed back further. Some basic info about the league:
    • This will be a keeper league, meaning at the end of the season you keep some of your players to carry forward to next season.
    • Those returning members will have up to a week prior to the draft to name their keepers. So, if keepers are not sent to me by Sunday, December 11th all your players will go back into the pot and you will draft the same as a new member.
    • This is a 14 team league. I have sent out 12 invitations so far. Two people have been removed from the league because they were inactive for a long time here at RaptorsRepublic.com. The two open spots as of now will go to the people I have here on my waiting list. If you are not interested in returning please let me know soon so that I can give that opening to someone who is interested.
    • It's free to play in this league. You just need a Yahoo account.

Official list of members so far...
    * Green = Founding member
    *(F) = Franchise keeper, assume everything else is regular keepers
    1. Skywalker CHAMPION [Gay]
    2. GM Melo
    3. Mack North [Wade, D.Williams and Griffin]
    4. RaptorsFan4Life
    5. drizz [Pierce]
    6. Apollo [D.Howard, Rondo and Aldridge]
    7. Raptor4Ever
    8. Matt52
    9. Soft Euro
    10. WJF
    11. joey_hesketh
    12. MangoKid

Waiting list
    • Dao
    • SweetRiverBaines

I've been putting some thought into how to structure the keepers. Here is what we'll do:
    • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the cap.
    • Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons. The keeper tag merely allows you to bypass the draft on a particular player twice.
    • Each team can franchise keeper tag one player. The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time. The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.
    • You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.

I'd love to get feedback on this franchise keeper tag as I've never heard of it used elsewhere in a keeper league.

The 2011 Fantasy Draft
    • December 18th @ noon, EST
    • Live Auction
    • $200(fantasy dollars) draft salary cap
    • $30 deduction in draft salary cap for each keeper tagged player
    • $50 deduction in draft salary cap for franchise keeper tagged player
    • Inverted standings used for auction nominations. (ie: last placed team makes first nomination, first place team makes third last nomination, with the two new teams making the last two player nominations. When I say "nomination" I mean the selection of the next player to be bid on in the live auction draft.)

So technically you can keep up to four players but it's going to cost you 70% of you total draft salary cap. Then you have only $60 left to fill 11 roster spots; that's around $5/player from there on out. I suspect only a few at most will use all four keepers. I don't suspect a lot will use three if they take a look at how much players cost them last draft.

If you have an questions please feel free to contact me. If you wish to be placed on the waiting list then please post here.

Thanks,

Apollo
    RR Fantasy Hoops Commish

Season 1 Archive

I'll play again... Although I'll probably suck, I don't really follow NBA as much as NFL.

BTW When can we see the players we had last season? I can't even remember...

Comment

You can view last year at any time by going to the main league page and looking for the drop down menu labelled "Season:" in the upper right region of that page. By default it will say 2011 but if you click the drop down you'll have the option to select 2010.

Heck, just click here.

Right now my keepers are Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo and LaMarcus Aldridge. I am considering franchising Howard or Rondo so that I can also keeper tag DeRozan but it's not all that likely that DeRozan lives up to a $30 price tag this season... Tough choice.

Comment

$30 deduction in draft salary cap for each keeper tagged player
        $50 deduction in draft salary cap for franchise keeper tagged player

----------

What is the difference?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the cap.
          • Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons. The keeper tag merely allows you to bypass the draft on a particular player twice.
          • Each team can franchise keeper tag one player. The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time. The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.
          • You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.
          Translation: Regular keeper has a two use limit. Franchise keeper has no limit. You pay a big price for regular keepers and you pay a premium for a franchise keeper(25% of you salary cap)

Comment

Thanks for adding me to the waiting list Apollo.

I can't see last year's league, so can you tell me what kind of league it is, just in case (so I can prepare some Excel-sheets...)? From what I've seen from the thread it's:

-Head to head
            -9-cat
            -daily lineup
            -No limits on the number of games
            -Play-off system in the last weeks of the season

What I don't know:
            -How many players can you activate?
            -How many players can you have on a roster?
            -Is there a limit on the number of Centers you can draft?

Comment

League Settings

Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
              Draft Time: Sun Dec 18 10:00am MST [ Add to My Calendar ]
              Max Teams: 14
              Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
              Max Moves: No maximum
              Max Trades: No maximum
              Trade Reject Time: 2
              Trade End Date: March 8, 2012
              Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
              Waiver Time: 2 days
              Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
              Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
              Trade Review: League Votes
              Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
              Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
              Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
              Start Scoring on: Week 1
              Playoffs: Week 21, 22 and 23 (8 teams) Note: Week 23 runs 7 days from Apr 2 to Apr 8
              Playoff Reseeding: Yes
              Lock Eliminated Teams: No
              Divisions: No
              Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
              Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
              Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)
              By the way, you can view the league even if you're not a member. CLICK HERE

Comment

Opening Night

Our league will kick off on December 26th. There was no practical way to work in the Christmas games, sorry.

Comment

I might be interested in something like this if there's is room.
                  Let me know!

Comment

I'm out boys. I don't have time. I haven't even had time for our football pool. Hence why I'm likely in dead last.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      I'm out boys. I don't have time. I haven't even had time for our football pool. Hence why I'm likely in dead last.
                      Sorry to hear that Doc. You're always welcomed back in the future.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      I might be interested in something like this if there's is room.
                      Let me know!
                      We'll be happy to have you if there's room. I'll let you know ASAP, just waiting on registration right now.

Comment

I'm interested in joining as well.

Comment

Good stuff. I'll add you to the waiting list and we'll do our best to get you in.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Sorry to hear that Doc. You're always welcomed back in the future.
                            Thanks brutha. Just too much going on at once. Little guy and starting a new job come January which is likely going to keep me pretty busy. Just don't want to take on too much at this point. I'll definitely be back in the future though.

Comment

Good stuff and congrats on the new job! I never knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X