Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For how long do you think Dwayne Casey will be the coach of the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For how long do you think Dwayne Casey will be the coach of the Raptors?

Im hoping he gets renewed everytime coz of his philo on defense, but i have a feeling that if he does leave or get fired, it will be because of a disagreement with BC. i think their strong personalities will eventually lead to them parting ways.

We're not even out of July, the man hasn't even coached 1 game, probably hasn't got to talk to most of the players and there's already a thread on when or why he's gonna be gone? Come on now... isn't this a bit much?

I say 50 years.

Comment

I think this team is headed in a new direction. BC knows that, he also knows not to repeat the same mistake twice. Well i hope so...
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He'll have 2 seasons at least.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I have a feeling he will be long gone and Andrea would still be here. Just a guess.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Let make it multiple choice, just vote for:

A
            The optimists: "We are now really in for a change, things are looking up. BC seems to finally get it. DeRozan will be an allstar soon, Davis and JV will be a killer frontcourt/Bargnani will be even better with a defensive center [pick one]. Let's keep Casey here for a long time and get on a roll!"

B
            The pessimists: "Come on, it's us, the Raptors, one of the worst (if not the) managed team in the last 16 years. We still got Pasta Whitey here and BC/Casey will try for 5 more years to make it work. Nothing's going to change, we're just being sold on rebuilding, retooling, new cultures (yada yada yada) to get us to go to games. BC will screw up again but will find another scapegoat and a new pr-strategy so he'll get another extension after this one. Why does this always happen to us??"

C
            The realists: "Let's just see how it goes and not make any premature judgements. Things are at least looking better than they did a year ago. JV seems like a good prospect and they might trade Bargnani/Bargnani might work with a defensive center [pick one]."

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              Let make it multiple choice, just vote for:

A
              The optimists: "We are now really in for a change, things are looking up. BC seems to finally get it. DeRozan will be an allstar soon, Davis and JV will be a killer frontcourt/Bargnani will be even better with a defensive center [pick one]. Let's keep Casey here for a long time and get on a roll!"

B
              The pessimists: "Come on, it's us, the Raptors, one of the worst (if not the) managed team in the last 16 years. We still got Pasta Whitey here and BC/Casey will try for 5 more years to make it work. Nothing's going to change, we're just being sold on rebuilding, retooling, new cultures (yada yada yada) to get us to go to games. BC will screw up again but will find another scapegoat and a new pr-strategy so he'll get another extension after this one. Why does this always happen to us??"

C
              The realists: "Let's just see how it goes and not make any premature judgements. Things are at least looking better than they did a year ago. JV seems like a good prospect and they might trade Bargnani/Bargnani might work with a defensive center [pick one]."
              C. Definitely C.

And I think this thread is a little ridiculous. You're asking us to predict the longevity of a coach who hasn't been a head for 4.5 years and that was in Minnesota, where he never really had a chance. Why on earth would ANYONE be asking this question now?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

D. Raptors change franchise name to Beavers
                National pride will blind us to Casey's abilities as a coach.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                  D. Raptors change franchise name to Beavers
                  fingers crossed for that one... for the comedic value alone.

"Kobe is really sticking it to the Beavers"

"Coach Casey really likes those young Beavers"

"He's been shooting blanks all night, Chris Bosh can't handle the Beavers"

"Once again, when faced by the Beavers, Vince Carter has gone soft"
                  Last edited by heinz57; Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The man hasn't coached a single game yet and you're already lobbying for him to get an extension?

I think the lockout is making people go bananas.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      C. Definitely C.

And I think this thread is a little ridiculous. You're asking us to predict the longevity of a coach who hasn't been a head for 4.5 years and that was in Minnesota, where he never really had a chance. Why on earth would ANYONE be asking this question now?
                      EZ there big guy! Im just merely stirring up a legit discussion and asking for opinion, not supporting facts or track records on why he will be fired or re-hired forever. Im just throwing out the question there, since historically (and as fas as i know), raptors coaches never really lasted for 2 contracts.

i think youre being hypocritically harsh here. annoyance on prediction, coming from a guy who's "predicting" Bargnani will be traded before the off-season when all signs point to no, and "predicting" JV will play only 15-20mpg and will only be as good as a slightly better Biedrins when you havent even seen him play one single NBA game.

i think predictions are pretty much the one of the things going for us in the offseason.

and to be clear, i didnt start this thread to judge Casey, im merely asking how long do you think he'll last and if he does go, what do you think would be the reason? its a blind question, no emotions attached.

Comment

I'm going to try and squeeze a response in here before Tim W. comes in here and defends himself with a novel.

Very rarely does an NBA coach make it through two full contracts with any team. That's why it's so silly to start predicting what Casey's fate will be 5-6 years down the line when so much can happen between now and then. It's easy to say we should keep him around because he has a defensive philosophy but you could have said the same about Kevin O'Neil.

Comment

Isn't this all extremely premature?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Isn't this all extremely premature?
                            That's why I added the multiple choice; any argument now says most about the messenger. There is not much to debate yet.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              EZ there big guy! Im just merely stirring up a legit discussion and asking for opinion, not supporting facts or track records on why he will be fired or re-hired forever. Im just throwing out the question there, since historically (and as fas as i know), raptors coaches never really lasted for 2 contracts.

i think youre being hypocritically harsh here. annoyance on prediction, coming from a guy who's "predicting" Bargnani will be traded before the off-season when all signs point to no, and "predicting" JV will play only 15-20mpg and will only be as good as a slightly better Biedrins when you havent even seen him play one single NBA game.

i think predictions are pretty much the one of the things going for us in the offseason.

and to be clear, i didnt start this thread to judge Casey, im merely asking how long do you think he'll last and if he does go, what do you think would be the reason? its a blind question, no emotions attached.
                              Okay, well predicting how long he is going to last IS judging him. What do you think it is?

And I predicted Bargnani MIGHT be traded based on SOME evidence...
                              http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...s-of-bargnani/

This is like never once having seen or even read a scouting report of a player and declaring he's going to be a bust...or an All-Star.

Fully, was that enough of a novel for you?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X