Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wojnarowski: Cavaliers trying to swap picks with Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wojnarowski: Cavaliers trying to swap picks with Raptors?

And yet, sources said, Cleveland is still trying to engage the Toronto Raptors at No. 5 and the Washington Wizards at No. 6 to find a way to get another asset and still end up with Valanciunas.

LINK

I don't get it. What are we getting?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I don't get it. What are we getting?
      We'd be guarenteed one of Kanter, Knight, Williams, or Irving.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

The Raptors Should Give Them The #5 Pick And Bosh's Dreads For The #4 Pick..

Comment

i don't get it etiher...so we'd trade #5 + a player to Clevland for #4?

Comment

Eh... I would be more interested if Utah picks Knight over Kanter. If they pick Kanter, moving up to 4 doesn't really do much for us since Cleveland would unlikely pick Knight at #4, meaning if we wanted Knight, he'd be available at #5 anyway. Then again, they could always trade #4 to someone else who wants Knight.

But hey, #5 and Kleiza for #4 ... DONE DEAL. =)

Comment

If Kanter goes 3rd, then this deal makes absolutely no sense for the Raptors, except to stop another team from moving up. The Raptors end up drafting Knight either way. If the Cavs trade with Sacramento, then the Raptors should take Valanciunas, if for no other reason than the Spurs want him so it's pretty much guaranteed he's going to be a very good player.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

zulfi wrote: View Post
                i don't get it etiher...so we'd trade #5 + a player to Clevland for #4?
                The idea here is that instead of Cleveland picking the player Toronto wants and then shipping him off elsewhere, the Raptors would get that player, but only in exchange for another asset.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors don't need to do a trade with them to get a guy they want. If Knight falls to 4th, the Cavs aren't biting. If Knight is gone before 4th then it probably means one of Kanter or Valanciunas will be there at #5. Beyond that I doubt Biyombo or Leonard are on the Cavs' radar. The only way I see it happening is if Knight falls to 4th and Knight is #1 on both the Raptors' and Kings' list. At this point the Cavs may be able to successfully play both teams against each other and squeeze out a deal with the Raptors.

Comment

I'd have to say the trigger hasn't been pulled because BC's list has a couple of "1A" selection options. What I mean by this is that he's not hung up on one option and isn't willing to give up an asset/ assets to go one way or another. This draft is all about projects and projections. The certainty is so poor that it doesn't seem worthwhile to make a one spot jump.

Comment

There is no real guarantee that Knight will be picked in the top 4, so I say screw this trade, makes no difference for us.

Comment

Makes zero sense from a Raps perspective.

Comment

As Tim and Arsenalist said, if a trade is made, it's to stop another team from taking the player we want.

Also, even though to us we may not have any real preference for one player over another (or at least not enough to bet big money on it), it's probably a little different from the point of view of the team and its scouts. When each choice is so uncertain, I doubt they'd be willing to take any one of the uncertain prospects -- they'll find a way to feel better about one or two of them over the rest of the choices.

Comment

sounds like the cavs just putting shit out there, see what comes back...trying to establish what the worth of the 4th pick is, and then up it by playing teams wanting to move up against each other. there's no reason for toronto to even consider it, since they'll have the pick of whatever 2nd tier talent remains.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Bargnani for the number 4?

Draft Knight&Kanter/Valanciunas/Biyombo

Not sure if i'd pull the trigger but i'd sure think about it!
                              Last edited by ezz_bee; Thu Jun 23, 2011, 05:49 PM. Reason: mostly joking
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X