Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 5th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 5th Overall Pick

This vote is to decide the 5th overall selection in the draft. Please vote above and feel free to discuss the pick below. CLICK HERE to view the summary page.
    Kawhi Leonard
    14.29%
    Kemba Walker
    19.05%
    Marcus Morris
    0.00%
    Jan Vesely
    0.00%
    Bismack Biyombo
    9.52%
    Brandon Knight
    47.62%
    Klay Thompson
    4.76%
    Alec Burks
    0.00%
    Markieff Morris
    0.00%
    Donatas Motiejunas
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

Assuming the Raps do not trade up, and both Kanter and Jonas are gone, then I think BC will make a choice between Walker and Knight. I have a feeling that Jose is going to be moved, and they will need a PG who can step in right a way, and that is why my vote goes for Kemba. I think Knight will have a better career but Walker will be a better rookie. Since BC doesn't have a long time to turn the Raptors around I see him going after the 'safer' choice. Not my preferred choice, but this is what I see happening.

Comment

BISMACK! If we don't get him I'm going to be uber disappointed.

Comment

Thing is I can see BC passing on Knight, but taking Walker and playing him at the 2 and Bayless starting, Demar is at the 3, and the Flynn for Calderon thing is going to happen, and Flynn will back up Bayless.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I think walker is too small to play the 2 and if we do draft him, he will play point. Does anyone know who the shortest guy to play SG is/was? I think it was Iverson. Did Nate Robinson ever play the 2?
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

If this plays out in real life and the Raptors also trade for Flynn then the 5th pick is going to be even more interesting. I voted Kemba Walker by the way. Walker says he's a PG and his play and abilities suggests he can be a good one.

Comment

I picked Knight, but if we get Flynn, then obviously we don't need to draft a pg and everything is thrown up in the air. This is quite a difficult pick with many scenarios.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I'm under the impression that Leonard will be the guy. Colangelo will finally get his Marion-like clone. As for the PG's, I think that this team will make a hard run for Kabongo next draft, provided he comes out.

Comment

dear god, we needed a marion for 14 1/2 years, then we got a marion for a half year and since he left we've needed a him type.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    dear god, we needed a marion for 14 1/2 years, then we got a marion for a half year and since he left we've needed a him type.
                    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Hold on. Did Tristan Thompson recently change his name to Klay? If not, then who the hell is Klay Thompson? I don't recall seeing him on any draft boards. Off to YouTube I guess...

Comment

yeah who voted klay thompson? i laughed, but seriously they should be banned.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Toronto Raptors Select...

Comment

Working...
                          X