Reviving Thoughts of Felton to Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving Thoughts of Felton to Toronto

If we can get Kanter in this draft (perhaps with EDIT: Jeff's idea of the #5 (BKnight) and $ for the #3 (Kanter) with Utah who would save $ also from draft position), then I think Felton would/should be a desired pickup. Felton is unhappy as a backup, wants a trade out of Denver...

DEN: Bargnani, JCalderon, Alabi

Jose would be a stellar backup to Ty Lawson, a solid player and locker room guy. Bargnani helps fill gaps at the 4/5, can play next to his countryman in Galinari, and would be a great mix with Nene if Denver can retain him. Alabi is the sentimental addition as Masai's discovery.

TOR: RFelton, TMosgov, #22 pick.

Pick up a starting plays both ends of the floor PG, a young backup C, and potentially Darius Morris, Tobias Harris or Marshon Brooks (or Chris Singleton if he drops or these others rise) at #22.

PG: RFelton, JBayless (DMorris?)
    SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa (MBrooks?)
    SF: JJ, LKleiza (THarris?)
    PF: ED, Amir
    C: Kanter, Mosgov.
    Salary (11 players with the #22): $43.2M. This leaves money for a SF, longer term SG and backup big. We would still have Barbosa's expiring to be able to deal, and perhaps able to buy another pick (Charlotte #19, Minny's #20).
    Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 2, 2011, 09:46 AM.

I like it. I was going to say we aren't getting enough, but then again, Denver is using up a sufficient part of their TPE to pull this trade and we end up with cap relief. I would say, though, that they'd be less interested in this trade if they are't able to retain Nene.

Just a minor correction, btw, but I think the salary comes out closer to $44.2 mil. The #3 draft pick and #22 draft pick should be calculated with a 20% bump, as teams normally sign the players at the higher end of the 80% to 120% range of the rookie scale amount. Kanter would receive $4.26 mil next year as the #3 pick, and the #22 would receive $1.29 mil.

Comment

I like that idea.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        I like it. I was going to say we aren't getting enough, but then again, Denver is using up a sufficient part of their TPE to pull this trade and we end up with cap relief. I would say, though, that they'd be less interested in this trade if they are't able to retain Nene.

Just a minor correction, btw, but I think the salary comes out closer to $44.2 mil. The #3 draft pick and #22 draft pick should be calculated with a 20% bump, as teams normally sign the players at the higher end of the 80% to 120% range of the rookie scale amount. Kanter would receive $4.26 mil next year as the #3 pick, and the #22 would receive $1.29 mil.
        Actually I did use those amounts (I use the hoopshype 1st round draft $ and they include the bump), so must have made an error or omission elsewhere. The difference is close to Alabi's salary are you sure you aren't adding him in? Either way good salary level.

I also struggled with whether or not Toronto gets enough back, but came to the same conclusion you did about the salary savings for us and the slight cost to them.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          Actually I did use those amounts (I use the hoopshype 1st round draft $ and they include the bump), so must have made an error or omission elsewhere. The difference is close to Alabi's salary are you sure you aren't adding him in? Either way good salary level.

I also struggled with whether or not Toronto gets enough back, but came to the same conclusion you did about the salary savings for us and the slight cost to them.
          Oops, good call. Damn Alabi, so invisible I forgot to remove him.

And yeah, if salary was not an issue, the trade would look lopsided in favor of Denver, but not when they're taking so much salary back and eating into their TPE.

Comment

If we can get Kanter in this draft (perhaps with Matt's idea of the #5 (BKnight) and $ for the #3 (Kanter) with Utah who would save $ also from draft position), then I think Felton would/should be a desired pickup. Felton is unhappy as a backup, wants a trade out of Denver...
            Not that I'm petty or anything, but it was definitely me who brought up the idea of swapping picks with Utah.

Also, regarding the acquisition of Felton, I think a straight up Calderon/Felton swap would work just fine for both teams. No need to go all crazy like.The simplest trade is often the most likely.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
              Not that I'm petty or anything, but it was definitely me who brought up the idea of swapping picks with Utah.

Also, regarding the acquisition of Felton, I think a straight up Calderon/Felton swap would work just fine for both teams. No need to go all crazy like.The simplest trade is often the most likely.
              Sorry man. My memory appears to be worse than I thought. Sympathy pregnancy brain - forgetting damn well everything.

As for straight up I am all for that too. Not convinced Denver would not want a little more juice in the pot though. Of course when has BC ever been accused of doing the simple trades. It does leave us Bargnani to dangle for a much better pick though.

Comment

Sorry man. My memory appears to be worse than I thought. Sympathy pregnancy brain - forgetting damn well everything.
                I'm not sure what that means...do pregnant women forget stuff??

Comment

Good trade. If we don't get a starting PG in the draft id love to see them try and get Felton.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure what that means...do pregnant women forget stuff??
                    you have no idea.

maleko, we welcome you.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      you have no idea.

maleko, we welcome you.
                      Misery loves company Yah it will be great...no wait...I can't remember what we are talking about...

Comment

Our daughter was a total surprise, but a good one. I'll tell you now i was absolutely terrified when my wife first told me, but now i can't imagine life without our little girl. Life is beautiful.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Our daughter was a total surprise, but a good one. I'll tell you now i was absolutely terrified when my wife first told me, but now i can't imagine life without our little girl. Life is beautiful.
                          Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I envy you right now, but not so much after she becomes a teen. Will always be daddy's little girl.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to have to get my gun license when she hits her teens
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah I'm going to have to get my gun license when she hits her teens
                              Was it Bad Boys 2 where Will Smith plays the crazy uncle?

Better take notes.

Comment

Working...
                              X