No announcement yet.

Kanter rejects Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Charlz. You managed to completely ignore my request that you do some research, and you came back with the exact same points, just turned the text Red.
    Keep it up and you'll make it on my exclusive 'Ignore' list.

Comment

Why?
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun May 22, 2011, 12:04 PM. Reason: nothing good will come of this discussion

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Way to go Charlz. You managed to completely ignore my request that you do some research, and you came back with the exact same points, just turned the text Red.
        Keep it up and you'll make it on my exclusive 'Ignore' list.
        prove me wrong- dude is ghost since summit and you know it it.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I was worried for a second when reading the article, until I read:

"Because he's not currently tied to any team, Kanter can choose to spend another year away from professional basketball and reenter the draft next season."

Once a player is drafted, the drafting team retains that player's rights, they cannot reenter the draft the following year. There really isn't any reason to believe anything written in that article when they can't even get the rules correct.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            prove me wrong- dude is ghost since summit and you know it it.
            That's not what I'm denying Charlz. Please stop ignoring what I am telling you. I already told you this has nothing to do with his agent. The NCAA deemed him ineligible. Thus unable to play. Not his choice. He did, however, practice all year with Kentucky as well FULL participation in the Chicago Draft Combine. Not a ghost. Just unable to play organized basketball due to the rules. If you are going to argue a point, PLEASE have all the facts. It's not that friggin hard. Geezus.

Listen to Coach Calipari. And stop making up bogus stuff about players you clearly know very little about.

I'm going to stop talking to you now. Have a good long weekend!
            Last edited by Joey; Sat May 21, 2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

First, Ed Davis never worked out/ practiced for the Raptors and look how that turned out. So please don't overreact.

Second, so what if he has a case of 'ball' we can probably swing a sweet deal with Washington, like getting their 6 and 18th picks.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                First, Ed Davis never worked out/ practiced for the Raptors and look how that turned out. So please don't overreact.

Second, so what if he has a case of 'ball' we can probably swing a sweet deal with Washington, like getting their 6 and 18th picks.
                Why would they do that? They are set with McGee.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Why would they do that? They are set with McGee.
                  Who's their power forward? And McGee is a freak athlete with no b-ball IQ.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    And McGee is a freak athlete with no b-ball IQ.
                    Geez.. no need to be mean about it ... hahah

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                      Kanter is a dumb ass 18 year old euro who thinks hes top shit, when he hasn't proven anything, fuck this dude hes a cunt. and fuck ESPN.
                      lol
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

dfp wrote: View Post
                        I was worried for a second when reading the article, until I read:

"Because he's not currently tied to any team, Kanter can choose to spend another year away from professional basketball and reenter the draft next season."

Once a player is drafted, the drafting team retains that player's rights, they cannot reenter the draft the following year. There really isn't any reason to believe anything written in that article when they can't even get the rules correct.
                        I think they meant he can still pull out of the draft without negative consequences, and not that he can re-enter the draft after being drafted. Unlike other NCAA players, who have an earlier deadline than international prospects to pull out of the draft (or lose college eligibility), Kanter has already been ruled permanently ineligible by the NCAA. So technically, he could still pull out, not that I think he will.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          That's not what I'm denying Charlz. Please stop ignoring what I am telling you. I already told you this has nothing to do with his agent. The NCAA deemed him ineligible. Thus unable to play. Not his choice. He did, however, practice all year with Kentucky as well FULL participation in the Chicago Draft Combine. Not a ghost. Just unable to play organized basketball due to the rules. If you are going to argue a point, PLEASE have all the facts. It's not that friggin hard. Geezus.

Listen to Coach Calipari. And stop making up bogus stuff about players you clearly know very little about.

I'm going to stop talking to you now. Have a good long weekend!
                          I think Charlz is just trolling. The joke is on the rest of us.

Comment

[QUOTE=GarbageTime;83903]Again you are ONLY considering attendance (which by the way Washinton's attendance exceed Toronto's 5 times in 10 years which goes to show that it is a pretty even split but within a smaller population) and the "value" of a team is not directly related to that teams market (but they may consider it as part of the value depending on how one values the team)

Did you even read the post? How did I only talk about attendance? Just to note sure they had higher attendance but in some of those yrs it was 40 or so more as opposed to 1000-4000. Regardless, I added that after pointing out the revenues and profits and FACTS. If the other basketball related items are so great they are not translated into $.
                            These are facts not conjecture as you continue to repeat.
                            Last edited by Maleko; Sun May 22, 2011, 01:45 AM.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                              well these boards are full of spinsters who have vested interest in a given players.
                              You seems to be in denial of facts back by my links and a google search more.

unlike other lottery pics he has not proven himself at a high level of plays since NIKE SUMMIT - dude is hiding until he is of age. No one can find Youtube of him since -
                              - pro stats NADA
                              - college stats -
                              - virtually nothing ....hiding

.... DUDE will be one of this lotteries busts bank on it
                              Would these "spinsters" who have a vested interest in a given player perhaps alter or ignore facts that don't support their argument?

Your hypocrisy is so astounding, that I'm having a hard time believing that you're actually serious. Especially since you completely ignored my and Quixotic's comments that basically showed you're making things up.

You want to argue that the Raptors shouldn't draft Kanter because there's simply not a big enough body of work from which to form an opinion. I can understand that. It's a valid argument. But you're not doing that. You're literally making things up in order to try and backup your opinion.

Oh, and here are a few of those Youtube videos you said weren't out there. Wasn't hard to find them. I just went to Youtube and typed in "Enes Kanter". There's a clip from high school, the Nike Hoop Summit game, a couple of games he played in Europe and a spring league game. There are more, but I just thought you might be interested in these. The one narrated by the Utah Jazz guy is particularly interesting since he breaksdown his game.

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                                I think Charlz is just trolling. The joke is on the rest of us.
                                I have a feeling you might be right.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X