Bargnani's Old Coach Messina Comes to His Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani's Old Coach Messina Comes to His Defense

''Bargnani and 'grew from year to year, and' always improved. Did not deserve those piles of mud.'' Canadian criticism to the 'magician' is excessive and unjustified: word coach Ettore Messina. Andrea Bargnani has come under fire by Jerry Colangelo, president and general manager of the Toronto Raptors, after the negative closed season with 22 victories and 60 defeats. The long Roman, the first overall pick in 2006, ended the year with 21.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game, often charging the attack on the shoulders of training led by coach Jay Triano. Conference in late season, Bargnani Colangelo called''the enigma of all enigmas''pointing the finger at the player, into a sort of scapegoat.
    Ah, wrong Colangelo dude but point taken.

''It does not seem right,''says Messina, who coached Benetton Treviso to Bargnani. Andrea,''says the coach-ADNKRONOS has always done better every year. I've coached, I know that person '. Has certain technical features, like everyone needs to feel at ease to do their best. Pull his piles of mud on him does not seem quite correct: in addition, we are not talking about a selfless young man. It 's a player who can stay in a dressing room and who knows what a team.''

''I respect the opinions of all and not let me go outside in detailed technical discussions. In principle, however, we are talking about a player growing. Andrea does not play for stats, play for the team but should not be too exciting to be part of a team to 20 wins per season,''says Messina.

The 'magician' is related to the Raptors by a valid contract until 2015. ''I hope that Andrew is adequately reflected environmental and technical, in Toronto at this point it seems difficult to reconcile the relationship. The hope of finding the conditions to do better, and this also blue key,''says Messina.

If Toronto really wants to sell the 25-year old Roman, the first move did not appear bright:''I do not see a genius in terms of communication and marketing, and sprimersi in this way on a player still under contract. Who was general manager of the year twice, one expects something more constructive. If they thought to stimulate Bargnani has not been found, however, a large ...''.
    Source: adnkronos.com
    Source: adnkronos.com (Google Translation)

If only Messina could have passed on these "help defense" techniques to the big fella. Maybe he wouldn't be under fire now?
Working...
X