Which Bigs to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bigs to keep?

As of right now we have 7 bigs on our Roster. They are: Soloman Alabi, Alexis Ajinca, Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Joey Dorsey, and Reggie Evans. Who do you think is worth keeping? Forget about whether or not someone is expiring and just evaluate them based on what they are making now.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Soloman Alabi
    Andrea Bargnani
    Ed Davis
    Joey Dorsey
    Reggie Evans ( at a reasonable contract which is much less than he is making now)

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Soloman Alabi
      Andrea Bargnani
      Ed Davis
      Joey Dorsey
      Reggie Evans ( at a reasonable contract which is much less than he is making now)
      Agree but Sub Ajinca with Alabi (although I think Alabi's menial contract would mean keep both).

Amir could fetch us some good talent in a trade.

Comment

Amir and Ed: Definitely worth keeping.
        Andrea: I'm torn. I'm leaning toward him being worth it overall, but he's not a franchise centrepiece.
        Ajinca: Meaningless.
        Solomon Alabi: Keep him on the off-chance he's good. If you have roster space. Frankly Ajinca seems better.
        Dorsey: He seems pretty solid as a backup. I like the guy.
        Reggie: He's good at what he does, but he's overrated (by Raptors fans, anyway). I would keep him just for the amusement value.

The problem with the raptors is lack of stars, and terrible wing play.

Comment

Everything is for sale - need an upgrade of talent at all positions in order to be a relevant contender type. Amir for a mid-first rounder? Check. Calderon for a lottery pick? Check. Our whole starting lineup for a young superstar type player? Check.
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Amir Johnson, Ed Davis and Reggie (for a veteran's) minimum.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

All except Ajinca and Dorsey!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Assuming Bargnani is not going anywhere, i would keep Ed and sign Reggie for the vet's min. Then fill the bench with Alabi and Dorsey.

IMO, Davis and Amir pretty much has the same game, so if start Ed and sub in Amir, to me it doesnt make sense. They can keep Reggie for rebounding and guarding big centers like Dwight, Hibbert and Bogut.

If theyre willing to trade Bargs, ill get a defense C, keep Ed, Amir and Reggie.

Comment

Ok guys, you REALLY think that Reggie will sign for the vets min?????

The way this guy rebounds, LOTS of teams will be after him, and willing to pay more. I can see Boston, Miami, OKC, etc going after him.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Ok guys, you REALLY think that Reggie will sign for the vets min?????

The way this guy rebounds, LOTS of teams will be after him, and willing to pay more. I can see Boston, Miami, OKC, etc going after him.
                    True. Ill probably go as high as 3mil.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      True. Ill probably go as high as 3mil.
                      That's too much for a guy who should be playing 10 - 15 minutes.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

Assuming Bargnani is not going anywhere, i would keep Ed and sign Reggie for the vet's min. Then fill the bench with Alabi and Dorsey.

IMO, Davis and Amir pretty much has the same game, so if start Ed and sub in Amir, to me it doesnt make sense. They can keep Reggie for rebounding and guarding big centers like Dwight, Hibbert and Bogut.
                        I fully agree with that. If BC is here so is AB for another few years. I am willing to pay Reggie as high as 4 million a year while trading Amir.

Does anyone think Amir Johnson can fetch us mid first round pick ? Maybe we can use that pick and our own to move up to 1 and 2 draft spot and get our guy

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                          That's too much for a guy who should be playing 10 - 15 minutes.
                          You will be paying almost 4 million more if you keep Amir next season for the same job. Mark my Word, Davis is going to come back and will have monster game and will own that starting position.

Comment

Ed and Amir. We also should be shopping Bayless and Bargs @ the draft.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                              You will be paying almost 4 million more if you keep Amir next season for the same job. Mark my Word, Davis is going to come back and will have monster game and will own that starting position.
                              Davis can play 30+ minutes, Amir can play high 20s, and whoever eventually replaces Bargs at Centre can take the bulk of the difference. Ideally we'd have 4 throw back bigs in the mold of Davis/Amir and get our scoring from the wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X