Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this summer time to move Kleiza and Amir Johnson ?

It was great to see Davis starting and getting comefortable beside AB. I am not sure when Amir will be back but I hope Jay keeps him on the bench where he belongs.

The future starting front line for Raptors is AB and Davis which has a great balance for both offence, defence.

With the emergence of DD as a reliable SG, and James Johnson as reliable back up SF, BC needs to move both Kleiza and Amir this season and use the money to get a legitimate SF. He will have almost 10 million to spent on a star caliber SF which can bring defense, scoring and rebounding to this team.

I am hoping that we address the PG position through the Draft and move Jose as well. With Barbosa as a back up PG and Bayless as our 3rd string PG ( since he really is a 3rd string PG and not even a Back up PG), this team will not feel the absence of Jose.

However, this is easier said than done since all three guys are quite over paid. But on the other hand, BC has shown us all that he is quite good on trading players which he signed the summer before and changing direction on the fly

Come on BC, you can DO IT !!!

Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 02:40 PM.

No one in the league will take on Kleiza's contract given his injury and recovery time.

For what Amir provides he is adequately paid. If you trade him, who is coming off the bench who can do what Amir does?

Comment

Why would we get rid of Amir? He's a great fit for the team and his contract is a bargain for what he does.

BC will already have 10 million to spend this summer, even if he doesn't move anybody. An upgrade at SF would be great, but I think it's most likely to happen via the draft.

Comment

I wouldn't trade either, Amir is one of the most important players on the team and Kleiza still has a lot to prove when he comes back.

Comment

I agree with Kleiza. I think it will be another contract that we need to either carry for long time or just take back another bad contract and hope for the best. Thanks BC, fix your mistake.

As far as Amir Goes, He may be paid OK if he was a starter and was able to play for 30 minutes a night on regular basis. However, I think for the 10-15 minutes that he should get next year backing Davis, we can get a much chpeaer hustle PF to that dirty work. There is no need to pay Amir 6-7 million a year for 15 minutes of work. As I said before, Davis is a starting PF for this team and Amir is very over paied to sit on the bench.

This team's most urgent needs are a reliable PG and a great scoring Small forward. With the new CBA and Salary cap, we will not have additional 10 million to spent on another SF. Money will be tight in the future NBA and I don't see us being able to address our weakest link ( SF) in the free agency unless we get ride of some of the dead weight.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
            An upgrade at SF would be great, but I think it's most likely to happen via the draft.
            I am hoping the draft address our other great need which is a PG. Lets face it, we don't have a PG that we can build around and move forward.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              I agree with Kleiza. I think it will be another contract that we need to either carry for long time or just take back another bad contract and hope for the best. Thanks BC, fix your mistake.

As far as Amir Goes, He may be paid OK if he was a starter and was able to play for 30 minutes a night on regular basis. However, I think for the 10-15 minutes that he should get next year backing Davis, we can get a much chpeaer hustle PF to that dirty work. There is no need to pay Amir 6-7 million a year for 15 minutes of work. As I said before, Davis is a starting PF for this team and Amir is very over paied to sit on the bench.

This team's most urgent needs are a reliable PG and a great scoring Small forward. With the new CBA and Salary cap, we will not have additional 10 million to spent on another SF. Money will be tight in the future NBA and I don't see us being able to address our weakest link ( SF) in the free agency unless we get ride of some of the dead weight.
              Amir will be playing more than 10-15 minutes. He is key if we ever want to be a team which wins 45-50 games. Davis is not ready to play more than 30 minutes, and Amir has played stretches at the 5. He will play at least 20 minutes (obviously also depending on foul trouble) and will be a great factor in the time he plays.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Amir will be playing more than 10-15 minutes. He is key if we ever want to be a team which wins 45-50 games. Davis is not ready to play more than 30 minutes, and Amir has played stretches at the 5. He will play at least 20 minutes (obviously also depending on foul trouble) and will be a great factor in the time he plays.
                I fully disagree. Davis will be ready to play heavy minutes next year after having a year in NBA and whole summer to work out . Plus, we might have a late start to next season which will give him more time in the gym.

As long as undersized, 220 lb Amir Johnson play 5 in this team, we will not win more than 30 games in each season. Amir is not suited for 5 and everyone knows that.

Comment

at the moment, theres no need for this move. especially since amir's been the soul of this team, playing through injuries, tough d, good defence. but when draft time comes around, if we somehow landed another pf like sullinger, then we definitely should consider moving some of our players around.
                  keep in mind that if we manage to aquire a starting caliber center, barg will be moved to the 4 spot, which would give us 4 pf (barg, amir, davis, johnson), by that time i would second your motion of trading some of our 4 man.
                  Last edited by bigmanshaq; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

The lack of respect Amir Johnson gets from some members of the fan base is bizarre. He scores 10 points a game, shoots 58% from the field, rebounds, blocks shots, and most important of all, he shoots 80% from the line. Until Ed Davis can get that efficient from the free throw line, he's not going to be on the floor at crunch time over Amir.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      I fully disagree. Davis will be ready to play heavy minutes next year after having a year in NBA and whole summer to work out . Plus, we might have a late start to next season which will give him more time in the gym.

As long as undersized, 220 lb Amir Johnson play 5 in this team, we will not win more than 30 games in each season. Amir is not suited for 5 and everyone knows that.
                      You can put Amir and Davis out there at the same time depending on the matchups. This is pretty obvious. Amir's our best player anyway so he should be on the floor as much as possible.

Comment

Guys u should get rid of...

Andrea Bargnani
                        Jose Calderon
                        Linas Kliza
                        Leandrinho Barbosa

ONLY GUYS I KEEP NEXT YEAR...

DEMAR DEROZAN
                        ED DAVIS
                        JOEY DORSEY
                        JAMES JOHNSON
                        AMIR JOHNSON
                        JAREYD BAYLESS
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Good luck moving Kleiza. He probably won't be ready to play until this time next year.

I would much rather see Amir stay at this point and for Bargnani to be moved.

Comment

Amir is a career role player so he can stay I guess, till there is something better. There is not one player on this team I am in love with and if we make a trade I wouldn't cry if anyone on this team went. I will say this kleiza is a scrub! How this guy started amazes me.

Comment

lmao...move andrea no argument here
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                              X