James Johnson to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson to Raptors

stevekylerNBA RT @KCJHoop: James Johnson has been traded to the Raptors. Left the Berto Center before practice ended in a limo.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/#ixzz1EjOfWGGx

At first blush, I don't like this, but hope it works out since we all have no choice. I wish we hadn't because even in weak draft years, there is a Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Paul Milsap or Landry Fields that can be picked up in the late 1st round or even 2nd round. We're at the point where we need to hit a home run in the draft, or at least a few doubles. To do that, we we need to get as many swings at the plate as possible (i.e. draft picks)_.

Using our picks on guys like James Johnson is the same type of stockpiling of bench players tactic that BC is great at doing, with the results being we see now. Miami's pick, late round or not, is better used in the draft itself, IMO.

The other thing is that people are saying, 'this guy was rated highly in his draft year' to justify the deal. The key word is WAS. Kwame and Kandi Man were rated #1, so who cares how highly guys WERE rated?

Comment

"It [stinks]," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "I consider J.J. a little brother. But he wasn't playing a lot, and I wish him nothing but the best. And I hope that he gets an opportunity to get out there on the court and show what kind of player he is."
      Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Working...
      X