Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest Of Season Predictions (Feb 16- Finish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest Of Season Predictions (Feb 16- Finish)

Remaining Game(as of February 16th): 27

14 Home
    13 Away

Games Vs. .500 > Teams: Bobcats(2), Nets(3), Pacers, Pistons, Wiz, Warriors, Clippers, Bucks(2), Cavs, 76ers
    Games Vs. .500 < Teams: Heat(2), Bulls(2), Suns(2), Mavs, Hornets, Jazz, Thunder, Nuggets, Magic, Knicks

PREDICTIONS
    Using Season Win % x Remaining Games: 27 x 0.264 = 7-20
    Using Last Ten Win % x Remaining Games: 27 x 0.1 = 3-24

My personal feeling based on the remaining opponents is that they should be able to beat the Cavs and Wiz. They should be able to hang with the Nets and Pistons. The Pacers and 76ers should be toss ups. The Bobcats, Warriors, Bucks and Clippers games will be tough to win. Out of those games I see a record of six or seven wins. As for the road games, well, I think that could catch the Bulls, Heat or Suns sleeping in one of their contests, especially as the season drags on. I think they'll lose all their rest with the exception of the Knicks. I think they'll bring it for the Knicks game. That makes me think that out of those games they should be good for one to three wins. Add that up and my best case, worst case predictions are as follows:

Best case: 10-17 (.370 win%)
    Worst case: 7-20 (.264 win%)

What do you see for the rest of the way starting on Feb. 16th?
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:07 AM.

I think they'll be worst case scenario. I'm gonna say 7-20.

Wins will be: Suns, Bobcats, all 3 Nets games, Wizards and Cavs.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I was going to post a similar thread, but I started to think of all the possible variables that could effect the rest of the season, and really, we have NO way of knowing what the rest of the season holds. If guys come back from injuries, then using either of those winning %'s is irrelevant. If we make a trade with the future in mind, than the worst case becomes a whole lot worse. If someone else gets injured then the best and worst are affected as well.

If EVERYTHING remains status quo, then we could use these %s, and in which case I say we finish the season with around 24 wins.

Comment

I'm not sure on the record. 6-21 would be my guess. Second worst record in the league by end of season.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I was going to post a similar thread, but I started to think of all the possible variables that could effect the rest of the season, and really, we have NO way of knowing what the rest of the season holds. If guys come back from injuries, then using either of those winning %'s is irrelevant. If we make a trade with the future in mind, than the worst case becomes a whole lot worse. If someone else gets injured then the best and worst are affected as well.

If EVERYTHING remains status quo, then we could use these %s, and in which case I say we finish the season with around 24 wins.
          The whole fun and challenge of making a prediction is you don't know, you're putting your self on the line.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Well, the one thing you can count on to remain status quo is the bad defense, so that's why I'd say 7-20 looks just about right.

Comment

I say 10-17. Being very optimistic here.

Comment

i dont care even if they go 1-26. as long as that 1 is against the heat on the 16th.

Comment

Nice Thread Apollo;
                  I'm going to be a real downer and say 3 more wins; 2 over the nets, and the cavs game. Unfortunetly, if you're a 'bottom of the standings' watcher like I am, those are the 3 games that the Raps need to lose, as they are head-to-head battles for the ping-pong balls.
                  "true" fans are going to hate on me for this, but I hope they go 2-25, with both wins over the Heat (might make their pick slightly better)

Comment

I don't hate you for it but I don't agree with the reasoning. I think what we're seeing in here is unanimous agreement that the Raptors are probably going to continue to be bottom feeders the rest of the way. I'd love to see them play spoilers in one of the last games of the season though. If they're going down they might as well drag some unsuspecting team down with them.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I don't hate you for it but I don't agree with the reasoning. I think what we're seeing in here is unanimous agreement that the Raptors are probably going to continue to be bottom feeders the rest of the way. I'd love to see them play spoilers in one of the last games of the season though. If they're going down they might as well drag some unsuspecting team down with them.
                      ive just lost hope. seeing game after game where they compete for the 1st 3 qtrs then just lose focus on the 4th, kinda frustrating. but if there's a chance for them to still make the playoffs, im all for it. but hitting the bottom and getting a top 3 pick wont be that bad either.

Comment

Anything But 1st Overall

Based on everything I've been reading, I think them winning the lotto is a bad thing this year. 2006 was the wrong year for them to win it but that was their year. 2006 and 2011 sound a lot alike. There is no consensus #1 choice. There is no one in the top that is separating themselves from the pack. Each pick in top fives of mock drafts come with more question marks than usual. This draft may go down like 2006 where the best player isn't found at the top and whoever lands the top pick is in a can't win situation with the fans in media. That being, they could get the guy they want as low as 5th overall, they know he's probably not going to be a Superstar, they know he's probably not ready to make a big impact but no one really wants to pay the "going rate" to move up into the #1 slot because they don't want to trade their way into the current 1st overall pick holder's situation. If the Raptors win a higher spot in the draft I would much rather it be #2 or #3. The majority of we the fans were not fair to Bargnani in the early stages. We wanted instant gratification and he wasn't offering that like Yao Ming or LeBron James were at the time and so us along with the media were far too hard on him, far too impatient and it created a pressure cooker situation that I feel he wasn't ready for. The Raptors lotto pick, whoever it might be, will enter into a far more nurturing Toronto and NBA if they are not selected #1. Not only does the #1 have to deal with the local fans and media's great expectations but also, I am of the opinion that the American media loves to see Canada's only team fail and they love to kick them when they're down. Some people may find this view ass backwards but whatever. It is what it is. I want the new young gun to enter into the best situation possible and that won't be via the 1st overall selection. That's a bad scenario in a draft where the #1 isn't likely to be any better than the #5.

Comment

I agree w/ Apollo; The #1 pick may not be worth it this year; I hope the Raps draft 2 or 3. Besides, I think Cleveland has already got the #1spot locked up.

Comment

the #1 pick is totally worth it... you get the pick of the litter.. even if there are no guaranteed superstar, the ability to focus on a target without having to worry about a contingency plan is a good thing..

the only negative that comes of it is the fan overreaction when the 5th or 6th ends up overachieving and #1 is exactly who he was forecasted to be... then the retards come out of the woodworks with the "i always knew that guy was going to be better than our guy... BC is an idiot!!"

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              the #1 pick is totally worth it... you get the pick of the litter.. even if there are no guaranteed superstar, the ability to focus on a target without having to worry about a contingency plan is a good thing..

the only negative that comes of it is the fan overreaction when the 5th or 6th ends up overachieving and #1 is exactly who he was forecasted to be... then the retards come out of the woodworks with the "i always knew that guy was going to be better than our guy... BC is an idiot!!"
                              In most years, you're right. Apollo's point was that this year, the talent you can get at 3/4/5 is probably the same as what #1 will get you. I wouldn't focus on #1 so much anyways; the Cavs have got like a 5 game lead on us for the most ping-pong balls. (and if you're a conspiracy theorist, D Stern will rig it so that CLE for sure gets the top pick)

Comment

Working...
                              X