Calderon Disappointed the Trade with Charlotte Didn't Go Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon Disappointed the Trade with Charlotte Didn't Go Down

While promoting the new NBA 2K11 Jose apparently expresses a little disappointment that Michael Jordan declined on the deal that would of sent him to Charlotte.

Brief translation from a member at the RealGM.

Regarding future with Raptors- will play as hard as he can, he has a contract to fulfill and will do his best to win.

Losing Turk and Bosh was tough

On Micheal Jordan declining deal: Said he looked forward to going to Charlotte and helping out, was disappointed when the trade didn't go down. Said it was no secret Raptors are shopping him.
    Here's the actual clip:

Despite all the knocks against Numero Ocho, I don't think any one can argue that he isn't the consummate professional. He's def the type of team player most teams would want on the court and in the locker room.

Comment

Jose has got to go........ASAP...........his defense is atrocious! Whether in FIBA or the NBA:

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Sep 23, 2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

^^^EEk!!

Watching that is painful.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Despite all the knocks against Numero Ocho, I don't think any one can argue that he isn't the consummate professional. He's def the type of team player most teams would want on the court and in the locker room.
          I agree 100%. His defense may not be the greatest, and if his contract wasn't so bad, he's definitely one of the top backup PGs in the league. His time in T.O. may be up though, and I guarantee I'm more upset the deal didn't go down than he is!

Comment

Not, that I'd try to defend his terrible D but in the first video it looks more like he just fell rather than anything else (it happens), and Nate clearly travels (he takes two steps and then puts the ball down at the point of severe ankle breakage) before getting his stupid azz blocked at the rim by Bargs while the other four knicks stand around jerking off. especially in response to the fiba video I offer you Luke Ridnour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsUx...eature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXbBNs9UzlI

I loves me some highlights!
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

+1 on his defense...but watch the 2nd video clip carefully: robinson pushes calderon with his left forearm.

Comment

One thing for certain is that Jose played much better basketball under Sam than under Jay- sick, wicked & nasty- those were the good ol' days (before Matt Devlin)!! Sam got the most out of Jose & Bosh.....

Comment

Jose

Minks,

I completely agree. The Rose by any other name, was a slip. And Nate did the 3 step & back between the legs. Looked good, but in slow mo the travelling was obvious.
                  At this point in time, it seems like Jose is with us for awhile. But no longer than the trade deadline, in late February. Unless something miraculous happens.

Comment

Every team at the FIBA worlds was complaining about how slippery the giant stickers at the tops of the keys were. I think it was Eric Gordon who nearly broke his neck taking off for a runner. All that video confirms is that the stickers were a lousy and dangerous idea.

Comment

Calderon is great fundamentally, but is a pretty bad athlete. It gets brushed under the rug, but Calderon is the SINGLE reason the Raptors never got over the top with Bosh. He deserves like 15-20 minutes a game soley to fill it up coming off the bench. I'll admit it, he has one hell of a free throw percentage, as well as a nice stroke from the field. But his assist-turnover ratio got blown out of proportion a couple years ago, which in turn made him think he was good enough to hold a gun to the Raptors head and demand a starting role, which in turn put the Raps in a tough position seeing as though there were no good pg's around, which bosh needed, hence the big contract. His mindset seems shitty right now, and I would for one love to see him gone. It seems nothing is ever good enough for these NBA players anymore. People may say that not all NBA players are like this, which is true; but it seems that whenever players make it "big", they sell out. Much love for Nash, Durant, Disco, Duncan and Jennings.

Comment

He's not the only one disappointed. I mean 9 Mil off our books is nice. Let's face it, does he really have a leg to stand on (literally?). He's slow, a marginal distributor (asst totals continue to decline). Some say Spain's exit from the worlds is attributed to the absence of Calderon - which proves my next point. If most fans like this guy because he's good, what is he good for when he's on the bench injured? His hammy has given him issues since the second year of his NBA career. If he's disappointed, the Raps are even more disappointed.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Here's a more clear interpretation via Ryan Wolstat from the Sun on what Jose said.

Apparently Jose Calderon said in Spanish (I really need to learn that language, goal for next year) on Youtube that the failed deal with Charlotte was one he actually hoped went through and that, contrary to reports, Michael Jordan really wanted him, but needed to make a more financially viable deal instead.

Since the Bobcats lose a ton of money and the Erick Dampier deal eventually saved them millions, that line of thinking makes some sense, but I’m not sure how a deal with the Raps gets as far as it did if MJ wasn’t willing to take on Calderon’s salary.
                          Source - Click here

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            Not, that I'd try to defend his terrible D but in the first video it looks more like he just fell rather than anything else (it happens), and Nate clearly travels (he takes two steps and then puts the ball down at the point of severe ankle breakage) before getting his stupid azz blocked at the rim by Bargs while the other four knicks stand around jerking off. especially in response to the fiba video I offer you Luke Ridnour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsUx...eature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXbBNs9UzlI

I loves me some highlights!

first one was obviously a slip, players have been complaining that the ads that were stuck on the floor was too slippery. 2nd video, clearly he didnt have his feet planted right after he went over gallinari's screen, so it wasnt the crossover that leveled him, it was gallinari's feet.

i think every player who finds out that he was supposed to get traded but the trade was rescinded will definitely have ill-feelings towards the club that was trading him, just human nature. but knowing jose, he'll probably push that aside and concentrate on giving his all next season afterwhich i expect the raps to keep him.

Comment

We have four point guards right now, that is evidence that a trade is coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X