Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Didn't See This Coming...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ketball-worlds

too bad, he was having a stellar game up to that point...

so, is this the beginning of the excuses for what goes wrong with jose THIS year?
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Poor Jose, again bitten by injury bug. Hopefully he will be fine for the training camp ...

Comment

didnt look that serious, and doug smith said it wasnt that serious
      the backlash of this will be his trade worth, for sure it will go down again coz it just re-affirmed his hamstring issues.

Comment

He'll be back before October I think. He's a strong lad, will work hard to recover.

Comment

gimme a break!
          It's about money

Comment

This could be a blessing in disguise.

This injury which doesn't appear to be major should keep him from any more of these European summer games which do nothing but tire a player out for the NBA grind. increase his risk of injury during the season because of playing all those minutes and don't really improve his game against NBA starters.

Besides this injury almost guarantees a Team USA gold in the 2010 FiBA World Tournament Sarcasm.

But seriously, Spain without Pau and Jose is at least a bit weaker than with them.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              This could be a blessing in disguise.

This injury which doesn't appear to be major should keep him from any more of these European summer games which do nothing but tire a player out for the NBA grind. increase his risk of injury during the season because of playing all those minutes and don't really improve his game against NBA starters.

Besides this injury almost guarantees a Team USA gold in the 2010 FiBA World Tournament Sarcasm.

But seriously, Spain without Pau and Jose is at least a bit weaker than with them.
              This could also be bad for team USA. Cause this only means that Rubio will have to play more minutes. Uh oh. :O HAHA

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                This could also be bad for team USA. Cause this only means that Rubio will have to play more minutes. Uh oh. :O HAHA
                His is young. He can handle the minutes.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  His is young. He can handle the minutes.
                  Rubio is better than the PGs in team USA. He'll destroy them with his court vision :P

Comment

Doesn't this basically kill any trade value that he might have had?

Comment

Jose Got Hurt: Out for at least 4 Weeks

It seems like Raptor fans can finally put aside the Jose trade rumors/ scenarios to rest and move on with their lives. Jose is Out for at least 4 weeks ( I fear it is worst given the history of Spanish Basketball Federation and ... ). There is one thing harder than trading an over paid no defense PG in this league and that is trading an injured , over paid, no defense PG.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/23/c....ap/index.html

MADRID (AP) -- Spain point guard Jose Manuel Calderon will miss the basketball world championships after hurting his leg in an exhibition against the United States.

Tests Monday revealed the Toronto Raptors player tore a muscle in his left leg in Sunday's 86-85 loss. Calderon had headed to the locker room late in the game. He went scoreless with three assists.
                      The Spanish federation says Calderon needs four weeks to recover.
                      The 28-year-old was part of Spain's 2006 world champion team and won Olympic silver two years ago in Beijing.
                      Calderon says "there is not much to say. It's a pity I was injured at the last minute."
                      The world championships run from Aug. 28-Sep. 12 in Turkey.

************************************************** *********

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Doesn't this basically kill any trade value that he might have had?
                        i can think of a few other things that 'kill' his trade value...
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          Rubio is better than the PGs in team USA. He'll destroy them with his court vision :P
                          I am not sure that he is better in every aspect of his game than the Team USA PGs.

However, it appears to me that he is better at passing than the Team USA PGs.

Based upon the current roster before the cut to 12

Rondo is a better defender though Rubio is pretty good. I want to see him in the NBA before upgrading that

Rose is a far better scorer than Rubio

Westbrook has a better all around game than Rubio

Right now I would them

1. Westbrook
                          2. Rondo
                          3. Rose
                          4. Rubio
                          X. Calderon

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                            Poor Jose, again bitten by injury bug. Hopefully he will be fine for the training camp ...
                            what the hell do you mean poor jose?please.

jose brang this on himself. poor us for not trading his sorry ass. i'm tired of him constantly getting injured form these world cahmpionships just retire from inter. play.

steve nash did it and we got over it, so spain can get over they already have ricky rubio they don't need jose.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ee-this-coming...
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X