Jazz & Raps Trade - Blockbuster Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz & Raps Trade - Blockbuster Proposal

Okay, this is pretty ridiculous, inspired by Arse's thread this morning I was determined to find a possible Jose trade with Cleveland, NYK, and Utah. Huge waste of my time. Unless we want Curry, New York doesn't have anything. Cleveland doesn't have anyone either. Utah Has Okur but a straight up Okur for Calderon swap is unlikely. SO, grasping at straws the only solution (which i'm not sure is even possible) i could come up with is this:

Calderon (3 years 10 mill), Evans (1 year 5 Mill), TPE to Utah

Okur (2 years 10 mill), Kirilenko (1 year 18 Mill) to Toronto (and maybe Price?)

So basically we are trying to trade Calderon for Okur, which Utah probably won't go for. We sweeten the deal by throwing the the 1 year contracts of Evans and Kirilenko, both players who seem to be on the outs of their respective teams, which saves Utah 10-12million this year, which covers the extra 10 mill they would have to pay jose in the 3rd year of his contract. This trade hinges on the extent that Utah would like to shed Kirilenko's contract. The downside for Toronto of course is using the TPE, is Kirilenko worth it? I would say yes since our new depth chart would look something like this

Okur Andersen Aliabi
    Bargs Johnson Davis, Dorsey
    Kirilenko Kleiza Julian Wright
    Derozan Weems Barbosa
    Jack Barbosa Banks (Price ?)

Although I wasn't stoked about this trade at first the more I look at it the more I like it. Could also throw in Dorsey from Toronto and/or Price from Utah.

IF this is even feasible (and if it's not can someone humour me and provide an explanation)
    AND
    IF Utah would entertain this trade, which i'm not sure that they would, although they do save 10 mill this season

I think this is a pretty decent way to get rid of Calderon. Please respond if you think this trade is entertaining enough (either by being ridiculous, or plausible).
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 12:29 PM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

I mentioned Okur in some other post too

But, Okur > Calderon and Kirilenko > Evans

Why would Jazz do this trade? Easy, they'll save ALOT of money this year.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I mentioned Okur in some other post too

But, Okur > Calderon and Kirilenko > Evans

Why would Jazz do this trade? Easy, they'll save ALOT of money this year.
      So you think the Jazz would entertain this trade from their end? Do you think this is good for the raps?
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Also if someone can edit my thread title to spell Kirilenko correctly I would appreciate it.

Comment

I WOULD LOVE THE RAPS TO DO THIS. We get a great center that can play D, rebound AND shoot. He is clutch and strong. And we also get a great defender in Kirilenko. And we only give up Calderon. Plus next year we can dump Kirilenko's contract.
          Yeah, I think with the financial problems many owners are having, each million counts. Plus, they are WAAY over the salary cap. This trade saves them for this year, they might actually consider this. But, if the owner is smart, and pretty patient, he'll wait till next year to dump it...

But this is a possible trade... Even if it looks impossible

Comment

I WOULD LOVE THE RAPS TO DO THIS. We get a great center that can play D, rebound AND shoot. He is clutch and strong. And we also get a great defender in Kirilenko. And we only give up Calderon. Plus next year we can dump Kirilenko's contract.
            Yeah, I think with the financial problems many owners are having, each million counts. Plus, they are WAAY over the salary cap. This trade saves them for this year, they might actually consider this. But, if the owner is smart, and pretty patient, he'll wait till next year to dump it...

But this is a possible trade... Even if it looks impossible
            Awesome get on the horn w/ coangelo and tell him to get to work!

I'm sure they'll be a few "voices of reason" that will provide an opposing viewpoint. Perhaps Buddahfan, sirchillymost, or apollo will disagree??? Since I was inspired by Arse i'd love to get his comments as well. This trade may infringe on the development of some of the young guns (Amir/ Davis? Weems/Derozen at the 3?) and i could see it being opposed on those grounds. Also i'm sure there are a few people who will think Utah won't do this trade and i'd love to hear from them too! Besides, even if have a consensus that the trade works, unfortunately decisions made at RR aren't binding

Comment

I don't really think it will stunt Weems or DD. Because I think Kirilenko could be that guy that will just come on, late in the game when we're winning by 5. And I was thinking, to sweeten the deal, we could add in Johnson. Anyways he won't fit in. We'll have Bargs at the 4. Okur at the 5. And when Davis comes on on the 4. Bargs can be shifted to the 5...

Comment

I don't really think it will stunt Weems or DD. Because I think Kirilenko could be that guy that will just come on, late in the game when we're winning by 5. And I was thinking, to sweeten the deal, we could add in Johnson. Anyways he won't fit in. We'll have Bargs at the 4. Okur at the 5. And when Davis comes on on the 4. Bargs can be shifted to the 5...
                Can't add Johnson until Dec. 15th, because he just signed a new contract.

Comment

Don't think Utah has any intentions of taking on a backup PG for 9 mill a year.. and why would they wanna give up their starting C and SF?

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                    Don't think Utah has any intentions of taking on a backup PG for 9 mill a year.. and why would they wanna give up their starting C and SF?
                    Al Jefferson is their starting C at 13 mill for 3 years, which means maybe Okur is tradeable? I don't know, is Utah planning on starting Jefferson and Okur? That would definitely question the viability of this trade.

Comment

If they want to start both, which they can, Jefferson is also a PF. Then we can trade for Millsap

Comment

If you've heard anything about Al Jefferson from Minnesota you would of heard he can't play against other 5's, especially with Kevin Love beside him. He is a natural PF, so he's going to take Boozer's spot in the rotation. If they were to trade Okur, they would have to either start one of their terrible Euro C's or move Jefferson and start Millsap, both are not ideal situations.

Comment

And about trading for Paul Millsap, although he's a talented player.. we can't afford to take him on with Amir, then we would have two undersized PF's with pretty much the same game making lots of $.. Just wont happen

Comment

I think the trade (from our end) looks great. I am just a little skeptical that Utah would be interested in this.

I'd love to have AK47, he would be a great fit on the raps

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                              And about trading for Paul Millsap, although he's a talented player.. we can't afford to take him on with Amir, then we would have two undersized PF's with pretty much the same game making lots of $.. Just wont happen
                              I agree, not much interest in Millsap.

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                              I think the trade (from our end) looks great. I am just a little skeptical that Utah would be interested in this.

I'd love to have AK47, he would be a great fit on the raps
                              Yeah If they can have Okur and Jefferson start and Millsap off the bench their frontcourt is beastly. Thanks for contributing! (even if i tricked you! hahaha)

Comment

Working...
                              X