Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Trade Belinelli To Hornets For Julian Wright

via Twitter (@STEIN_LINE_HQ)
    ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
    Apparently we just traded Bellinelli for Julian Wright?

Raptors Trade Belinelli to Hornets for Julian Wright

As per Marc Stein:

STEIN_LINE_HQ
    ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli

Comment

Sickkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so much for you guys who wanted belli to stick around.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

not super familiar with wright, tho i vaguely remember a lot of people saying he might be a bust. whats the word?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

pissed collison got dealt and we didn't get him ugh
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Julian Wright is average and has some potential, but much better than Marco, plus it frees up more mins for Derozan

Comment

pissed collison got dealt to one of caldeorn's sutiors. who'
                s left?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

ya, we did and i'm so excited........................................... ........................................

okay, i'm totally not that just makes it even more boring.

Comment

it works for us positionally, and only really gave up a guy who would be buried on the bench. works for me.

Comment

He adds about $500K to the 10-11 payroll.

He is 23.

He had a nice rookie year but has fallen off the last two seasons.

Still has some nice upside at the SF spot.

Lanky/

Showed a nice shooting range as rookie but the last two seasons nothing

Decent rebounder for #3

Has the potential to be a pretty good small forward.

Maybe Carlesimo and English can get him back on track.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Did this actually happen? If it did im so happy...

Comment

Yes, a move I agree with.

Marco wasn't going to cut it in TO for whatever reasons. All the best on the bench in NO. I wonder if this means Barg's may be moved as Bellineli was like the (Bosh) Jack acqusition ie best friend, for Barg's.

Wright, who got slammed on hard by Bosh last season, is a solid wing prospect that can put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop and finish above the rim w/ authority. Wright has under acheived after being the 13th pick out of Kansas a few years ago but he has the top line athletic talent to fit in with the YG'z he just needs to become more consistent- it'll be interesting to watch his situation unfold as I think he will be better than Kleiza as a SF Raptor prospect. Wright is best in open court situations and can play solid D- J needs work(good form) as do handles but he has heart from watching him play at Kansas. Could be a nice spark plug off the bench. Also, it gives the Raptors fans another above the rim dunker to go head up w/ DD, Weems, Davis & Amir.

Here's a statement on JWight needing a new basketball environment from Dime Magazine:
                          http://dimemag.com/2010/07/10-nba-pl...ry/#more-50151
                          Julian Wright — Wright is one of those players that is about to move from the “he has potential” category to the “bust” category. He is athletically gifted but doesn’t possess much else in his game. He already did not get off to a good start with new coach Monty Williams, refusing the coach’s request to play in Summer League. The Hornets also drafted Quincy Pondexter, who can play small forward, so the writing is on the wall for Wright in New Orleans. A move to a place like Phoenix or New York would showcase his talents and may help salvage his career.
                          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I was one person pushing for a Collison trade and consistently got ragged on for my proposals, but I personally think some of the ideas I floated out there would have been as good or better a return for NO than Ariza, given his contract! Ariza for Collison & Posey??? That's it? I assumed NO would insist on a team taking Okafor as well, rather than Posey! WOW!

Comment

I just have the funny feeling that this is one of those under the radar moves that Colangelo has made a name for himself with. Wright is a big young kid to throw out at SF from time to time. Could it turn out a success like "Delfino for a 2nd round pick" or Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems for Delfino"? Time will tell...

Comment

Working...
                              X