Goodbye Collison - 4-Team Trade In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Collison - 4-Team Trade In The Works

Four NBA teams are on the verge of a five-player trade that will send Trevor Ariza to the New Orleans Hornets and Darren Collison to the Indiana Pacers, two league sources said.

In the proposed deal, the Houston Rockets will send Ariza to the Hornets, who in turn will send Collison and James Posey to the Pacers.

The Pacers will send Troy Murphy to the New Jersey Nets. And the Nets will send Courtney Lee to the Rockets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5455472

Great deal for the Pacers

Comment

Details available show the following:

Indiana Pacers receiving their franchise PG in Darren Collison, and James Posey as a throw-in. They'd have to be thrilled about this deal.

New Jersey Nets receiving Troy Murphy's skill at PF to help Favours, and his big $12M ending contract.

Houston Rockets getting yet another shooting guard in Courtney Lee.

And Trevor Ariza heading to the Hornets to run the wing with CP3. Would a move like this be enough to keep Paul happy? Maybe not, but it's a step in the right direction!

http://www.nbadaily.net/wiretaps.cfm?id=696

Guess we can cross Indy off the list of people who may want Jose.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
        LOL

Great deal for N.J. Favors will be under less pressure and Murphy is better than Lee.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
          LOL

Great deal for N.J. Favors will be under less pressure and Murphy is better than Lee.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Granger for Calderon and Collison to the Raptors nonsense can finally stop...

Indiana has its PG and his name is Nick Collison. Get used to the hand clap D folks...
            Last edited by your mom; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

For a couple teams I have NO IDEA where they are coming from with this trade, except for the Pacers.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                http://www.nbadaily.net/wiretaps.cfm?id=696

Guess we can cross Indy off the list of people who may want Jose.
                Good.

Comment

4 team deal seriously affects the Raptors rumours with Indy

According to...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5455472
                  this is whats going down today:
                  http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/976/thron.png

So all those Indiana-Raptors rumours concerning Calderon being dealt is pretty much proved dead now with Indy's acquisition of Collison.

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                    For a couple teams I have NO IDEA where they are coming from with this trade, except for the Pacers.
                    rockets are dumping salary
                    hornets are trying to upgrade the sf
                    pacers is obvious
                    nj coach likes 4's who can shoot and lee was expendable b/c of t will, morrow, n outlaw

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post

Indiana has its PG and its Nick Collison. Get used to the hand clap D folks...
                      Nick Collison is C/F and plays for the Thunder

You meant Darren Collison, at least I hope that is who you meant.

Comment

There were no Raptors rumors with Indy.

This was a fantasy trade thought up by Calderon bashers.

Comment

i'd question what the hell houston was doing, except i try not to question morey... he proves me wrong way too often

he's like the anti-kahn

Comment

whoops you are correct. Thanks bud

Comment

This, in theory, seriously impacts Tor's options in dealing Jose. Indy long thought to be hottest pursuer.
                              from Tim Chrisholm via twitter (@timpchisholm)

Thats why I assumed there was a rumour lol but you could be right too Buddah it may have been just the bashers

Comment

Working...
                              X