Pacers Trying To Land Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers Trying To Land Calderon?

The Pacers have been turned away in their pursuits of Darren Collison, Ty Lawson and Tony Parker and there continues to be talk that Indiana could be the landing spot for Toronto's Jose Calderon.

Calderon's remaining three years and almost $30 million on his contract flies in the face of what Indiana has been trying to do, which is to shed long-term dollars, so Calderon to Indiana might be something of a reach.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

i smell another botched trade.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Assuming Granger isn't available and that it wouldn't be a multi-team deal, the only half-decent option I see would be Calderon for Dunleavy.

Dunleavy would give the Raps good SF depth along with Kleiza, allowing DeRozan/Weems/Belinelli to play SG and Jack/Barbosa/Banks to play PG. Dunleavy's $10.5M expiring contract would be a huge cost savings for the Raps over the next 3 seasons and would also be an attractive trade chip (to be used in another trade this offseason or before the trade deadline).

Comment

Not going to happen. Considering the 30 million + 10% trade clause in Jose's contract, this is just a pipe dream for Raptor fans.

Comment

So give up the only pure point guard on the team for a slow small forward who can't play defense. Why not just keep Turk? I'm a big Jose basher, but neither Barbosa nor Banks can even play adequate backup pg minutes and Jack isn't talented enough to play 35 minutes a game.

What is the urge to dump Jose if there isn't a market for his talents. Screw saving money, the raptors need to add valuable pieces, not dump them. Having the Jose/Jack point guard tandem isn't ideal, but that doesn't mean the raps should be trying to make it worse.

The Dunleavy option only makes sense if Indy throws in thier pick or trades picks and takes back the Heat's. Jose playing backup point guard gives the raptors a major advantage over almost every team. Is that advantage worth 10 million a year, no, but if Jack goes down or doesn't produce Jose is a great insurance policy.

Comment

If I learned one thing from the Hedo saga it's that most players have a trade kicker. That's not going to stop the trade.

Comment

ya, trade kicker doesnt mean much. and buddy two posts above i doubt bryan is going to pounce on any deal indiana sends this way he'll do what he feels is best for his team.

but, i doubt hell ever get another deal that is relatively close to tyson chandler and boris diaw.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

calderon + evans for dunleavy and foster + bit of TPE.
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Aug 5, 2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Let's all be honest with our selves. Toronto as constructed is hopeless. Colangelo is all playing us for fools if all he wants to do is put a team on the floor that is good enough for 7th or 8th seed and a first round exit.

We need to rebuild. Take a look at the last 21 years of NBA champions and you'll see something common. Those who won had a franchise player, or two, that they drafted, developed, and put pieces around before they won. The only exception was the Pistons in 2003.

So let's stop with the win now mentality for the sake of our ego. We need to do one thing. Draft, draft, draft. Let's trade away our assets, Andrea and Jose, to teams that we project will have high picks for the next couple of years, develop them, and make a run for a championship.
                  "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Pacers after Jack?

Wells mentions Dallas' J.J. Barea as a possible target and Toronto's Jarrett Jack; neither is very likely because of the role they are expected to play for their respective teams this season.
                    Source: same as Apollo's
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post
                      Let's all be honest with our selves. Toronto as constructed is hopeless. Colangelo is all playing us for fools if all he wants to do is put a team on the floor that is good enough for 7th or 8th seed and a first round exit.

We need to rebuild. Take a look at the last 21 years of NBA champions and you'll see something common. Those who won had a franchise player, or two, that they drafted, developed, and put pieces around before they won. The only exception was the Pistons in 2003.

So let's stop with the win now mentality for the sake of our ego. We need to do one thing. Draft, draft, draft. Let's trade away our assets, Andrea and Jose, to teams that we project will have high picks for the next couple of years, develop them, and make a run for a championship.
                      hahaha here's another one of those. same as Tim W, ovrproof. nothing good to say about the team.
                      Hedo is that you?
                      Bosh is that you?

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post

I think I remember Bargnani being one of our draft picks...

Comment

no, they arent going to get jakc but they could get calderon.

Comment

We should grab Dunleavy and Hibbert and whoever else will make the trade work.

Comment

In response

To tbihis:

I'm not The Turk or Bosh is disguise. I'm also not hopelessly optimistic. I've always been a big Bargs supporter since his arrival. Who wouldn't want a 7 footer that can spread the floor by shooting threes. I'm not one to argue that we should have drafted Roy instead. Quarterbacking Monday morning is always easy.

He was the right choice to draft 1st at the time although my choice was Aldridge. I bet Portland wish they drafted Durant now. Could you imagine Roy, Aldridge, and Durant but I digressed. However, moving forward we need to move on. Bargs will be a good player but never be a franchise player. He has the skills to be good but lacks the instincts to be great.

Because of where he was drafted, there will always be a dark cloud over the Raptors so long as he is here. Colangelo should trade him for two first round picks projected to be in the top 10 and let us move on. I assume we can at least agree on Calderon so I won't address him - trade for picks too.
                              "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X