Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Gridiron

We need one. I need to talk football or I get the shakes. I need an intervention or something.

So I took the day off work. I have a bunch of flex days that I can't carry over to the New Year with my regular vac time. I'm here today lazying on the couch watching the American Thanks Giving Day game (one of three):

Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions

I love American Thanks Giving Day because it falls on a Canadian regular work day, which means my girlfriend isn't around to give him grief about lazying around watching football. Good game so far...For anyone who isn't a dirty Lions fan that is!

I know, I'm horrible but I hate the Lions, what can I say? And they never do anything to ever help themselves. Poor personnel decisions which have led to poor drafting, signing, etc.... I did read yesterday that they're talking with Mike Shanahan. That would be a smart hiring because Mike did a lot of great things in Denver. I have a lot of respect for him and it was sad to start up Madden 10 and for the first time in over a decade not being able to keep a tradition going, selecting Mike's West coast offense scheme for my team.

Back on course, Stafford has been picked three times already today...Which would be great for my Packers if they could move the chains. The Lions are really playing well on D today.

...Rogers just fumbled on 4th and 2... The words I'm thinking right now would make Richard Pryor blush. Anyway, the NFL Thread. Think, post, argue. Let's talk football.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 26, 2009, 03:38 PM.

Doesn't matter because its the Saints year to take it all Apollo.

Comment

greenby packers are gonna win that game....especially since stafford is out...

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Doesn't matter because its the Saints year to take it all Apollo.
      Eagles are gonna win it all this year....they will run over the saints in the conference finals...

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
        greenby packers are gonna win that game....especially since stafford is out...
        LOL, I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with this post...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          LOL, I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with this post...
          oh get over it!....i spelled green bay wrong...

Comment

My Giants are so sad now. Man, so much for the good start to the season.

Comment

The Saints are looking more and more impressive. They laid the smack down on the Pats last night.

Comment

The Saints are looking more and more impressive. They laid the smack down on the Pats last night.
                I can't get over the Saints offense. To put things in perspective, did you realize last season when Brees threw over 5000 yards, the Saints didn't have one 1000 yard receiver? Much like this season, Colston will be the closest to get to the 1000 yard mark, but that might not even happen. Talk about spreading the offense. Insane how strong this team is right now. *knocks on wood*

Praying that they take it this season. I need a reason to wear my Pat Swilling jersey from back in the Saints hay day of Bobby Herbert, Ruben Mayes and that insane Saints linebacker corps of Swilling, Johnson, Mills and Jackson.

Giants are my team, but I've been a huge Saints fan since the late 80's.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post it so I'll do it here. Public props to Doc for opening this sports forum!

Comment

Lets GO eagles, Were one win away from a first round bye (didn't think they would have the chance for that).

Comment

I'm a big supporter of the Kansas City Chiefs, unfortunately they suck and the fans in KC deserve much better. They're so bad that I'm actually missing Marty Schottenheimer.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        I'm a big supporter of the Kansas City Chiefs, unfortunately they suck and the fans in KC deserve much better. They're so bad that I'm actually missing Marty Schottenheimer.
                        Why do you support the Chiefs? No insult to the chiefs but why them?

Comment

Jamaal Charles looks like he's going to be a good back. If they can develop a good defense they'll be back in business. They should follow my team's model, the Greenbay Packers. They rebuilt through the draft and now they're just about ready to start dominating the NFC next season.

Comment

I loved watching the Chiefs back in the late 80's and early 90's with Christian Okoye in the back field. That man was a beast and probably the most entertaining RB to watch back then. Well, besides Barry Sanders that is.

Good on ya for the sticking with them Arse.

Comment

Jamaal Charles looks like he's going to be a good back. If they can develop a good defense they'll be back in business. They should follow my team's model, the Greenbay Packers. They rebuilt through the draft and now they're just about ready to start dominating the NFC next season.
                              Hey Apollo who do you think has chance to come out the NFC to represent the conference in the Superbowl? Both the Saints and the Viking have shown chinks in the Armour (For the saints all the injuries on defence. I think my eagles have great shot, maybe even your packers as a dark horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X